Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
Here is Anthrax in FLAC, if anyone wants mp3, I can do that when I get home.

ANTHRAX @ GIBSON AMPHITHEATRE 10/21/10

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSVVPGXU
I will wait for the mp3. Thanks though for even putting these up in FLAC.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 AM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by camby118 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the rager was seated/standing on a far side of the stage? Cause Slayer pans the guitars left and right live. I've had the "pleasures" of experiencing a show only hearing Kerry and only Jeff.
Hearing only jeff would be awesome for a change of pace. The 3 times I've seen Slayer it's all been Kerry.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
Hearing only jeff would be awesome for a change of pace. The 3 times I've seen Slayer it's all been Kerry.
The two times before this all I heard was Kerry. Sloppy as hell. The other three times were pretty mixed.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
The two times before this all I heard was Kerry. Sloppy as hell. The other three times were pretty mixed.
San Manuel and Long beach right? All kerry dude. The band was tight in my opinion but they just didn't seem to want to be onstage. Long beach was more personal and I was far away. Not to mention: Tom's speech at the end?! wtf?! this is the band that released a song call drunk drivers against mad mothers
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
you didn't take the 5 freeway,did you?The 105 to the 110 to the 101 is faster,but you will still hit traffic.I take that route to all downtown L.A. or Hollywood shows,just trying to help.The 5 blows even on the weekends

I would recommend parking at Union Station or somewhere along the subway route and taking that in though the Halloween thing probably caught a bunch of people by surprise. I took the bus from Burbank but still left at 5.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
San Manuel and Long beach right? All kerry dude. The band was tight in my opinion but they just didn't seem to want to be onstage. Long beach was more personal and I was far away. Not to mention: Tom's speech at the end?! wtf?! this is the band that released a song call drunk drivers against mad mothers
Did you go to the Long beach show with Testament and Megadeth aswell? didn't slayers play an epic show man? are we even talking about the same show? You say Tom had a speech but at the long beach show the only things he said was thanks for the people showing up and then he said good night untill next time....at the HOLLYWOOD show he did have a speech though about underage drinking ahahaha, i just wanna know if where talking about the same show...If anyone here went to the long beach show at the long beach arena you can agree with me 10000% that slayers performance was a hell of a lot better then then Gibson in hollywood(if you attended that one too).....there performance was flawless....sadly i cant say that about the gibson
Old 10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Nah Long Beach and Jimmy Kimmel Live. All Kerry, no Jeff. All sloppy.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Did you go to the Long beach show with Testament and Megadeth aswell? didn't slayers play an epic show man? are we even talking about the same show? You say Tom had a speech but at the long beach show the only things he said was thanks for the people showing up and then he said good night untill next time....at the HOLLYWOOD show he did have a speech though about underage drinking ahahaha, i just wanna know if where talking about the same show...If anyone here went to the long beach show at the long beach arena you can agree with me 10000% that slayers performance was a hell of a lot better then then Gibson in hollywood(if you attended that one too).....there performance was flawless....sadly i cant say that about the gibson
Slayer's intro with the sheet and world painted blood got me amped at long beach and that just set the mood for their set. And yeah man I'm talking about the speech at the end of the set at the Gibson show; I thought it was lame. I get why and stuff but I thought it was lame that Tom had to do it. And I thought Slayer played well but their performance was lacking energy from them, it felt very impersonal alongside all the other things with the sound and stuff.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
All bad
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
WOW...I have to correct you on that one man.....big time..
You must have been to the wrong show then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakODYnXVMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShJnp6cYlo
those are videos of slayer playing the song "Seasons in the abyss" at the long beach show at the long beach arena....wow and you're going to call this performance sloppy?..listen to jeff as his guitars explode right after kerrys creepy intro.....This performance is a flawless 10/10...both videos are from different angles and from different people who were at the same show...but there both amazing quality and you can hear Jeff beautifully...your ears must have not been working that night dude....cause it most definitely was not all kerry king

Heres the crappy gibson hollywood show of them playing the same exact song..like the one above.....all i here is kerry, No tom or jeff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1im3fYNx8E

You can not hear jeff at all....such a bummer...now compare this to the long beach one....HUGE...HUGE DIFFERENCE...jeff is totally mute on this one...it pains me to see or hear this since I like jeff way more then kerry.

Watch both long beach and hollywoods show, there is a HUGE difference....and you're going to tell me you cant hear jeff?....Sounds like you need to get your ears checked..

I attended both of these shows. the show last week totally blows...The one in august will go down as one of the greatest metal shows of my life...that wall of death during Testament was glorious..

Last edited by Sepultura69; 10-27-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, slayer