Hate's Plague
Close to a World Below
Passion Kill
Thunderous Consequence
Swarm of Terror
Immolation
World Agony
Power and Shame

Fucking piss-weak crowd. Maybe 50 people at this show. Losers in Virginia don't know what they're missing. Somehow fewer people than there were in Baltimore a few weeks ago.

Anyway, got to Jaxx around 3:15 (I *have* to be upfront when Immolation plays) and waited for a while. Doors open on time (holy shit), and I started to wonder I was so early. Local black metal band Immortal Decay was already set up, and they played a great set for about 20 minutes and then finished. Definitely a local act to watch out for.

Lecherous Nocturne has been grinding the tour circuit pretty hard, and this is the third time I've seen them. I happen to enjoy their brand of techy death metal, and they played a longer set than they did in Baltimore, due to the guitarist of Pathology quitting mid-tour (which is a fucking douchebag thing to do). Solid performance, though the stage left guitar seemed a bit quiet.

Then Abigail Williams played on the floor.
Seriously.
I guess they were too lazy to put their amps on stage, so the drummer was up there, and the rest of the band was in the pit area. It was even dumber than it sounds. They sounded good though. Solid black metal band.

VADER then took the stage. I'm not going to go on too much, if you've seen Vader, you know exactly what it was like, and if you haven't, what the fuck is wrong with you. They brought back This Is the War, which was awesome. They had a great sound at Jaxx for once, as well.

Then the mighty Immolation. They mixed up their set this time, dropping Nailed to Gold, but the return of World Agony, as well as a few other changes. Absolutely crushing performance, the whole band was spot on. Ross was emphatic with his thanks to the crowd for coming out on a monday. Anybody who missed this show, or tour, should cry themselves to sleep for the near future.

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 10-25-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
VADER then took the stage. I'm not going to go on too much, if you've seen Vader, you know exactly what it was like, and if you haven't, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Sounds like the crowds have been pretty embarrassing for most of this tour. Pretty surprising considering how Vader and Immolation are pretty much legends in the eye of any death metal fan.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
Then Abigail Williams played on the floor.
Seriously.
I guess they were too lazy to put their amps on stage, so the drummer was up there, and the rest of the band was in the pit area. It was even dumber than it sounds.
They're too kvlt for stages now.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
N00B

id love to see Immolation/Vader together, the Vancouver show got cancelled months ago for no reason.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

do you know if Immolation still had a lotta merch left? my shows the last date and i really wanna get an oldschool shirt! also that Immo set is a tad worse then some of the others, i was stoked about hearing Those Left Behind, Nailed To Gold and/or Away From God. ah well i hope they bring 1 or 2 of those back for my show
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile

Last edited by bassmasta257; 10-26-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
triturabis primatum

They still had everything they had at the beggining of the tour, which was the Baltimore date. Might be one less shirt, I couldn't tell.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 PM
N00B

I was initially going to get a ticket for this show when I went to go see Nevermore at Jaxx a couple of weeks ago. The old guy that does the register at the door told me to wait b/c, "Not a single person has purchased a ticket yet so we might wind up canceling the show." I was surprised as hell and he was all pissed off about it too - saying how the promoter shafted them by giving them a Monday night date.

Needless to say I'm glad that the show did go on as planned - it was my first time seeing Vader (bigger fan of them than Immolation.) and second time seeing Immolation. I saw them way back on the Nile tour with Krissiun, but I felt that they were a hell of a lot better this time around, headlining the show. Vader killed though! But...of course...just like 90% of the shows I go to - they didn't have the shirt I wanted in my size. It was pretty damn cool to see one of my favorite bands basically play me a "private show" though.

Ross kept thanking us for coming out though, which was cool, and I'm sure that the bands appreciated the fact that even though there was only a handful of people there it didn't keep us from moshing!

Last edited by Necrodom; 10-28-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
id love to see Immolation/Vader together, the Vancouver show got cancelled months ago for no reason.
I feel your pain. Didn't they move it out to Victoria? Unbelievable.. Seriously makes me want to take up promotion as a hobby.

Tags
immolation, lecherous nocturne, vader