Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissimulate View Post
Who books most of the shows in Vancouver?
It's all over the place, really. Not sure about the bigger stadium/arena tours, but just going through my old tickets/checking the websites it looks like there's a significant amount of national promoters like unionevents.com and livenation.com.

Specific to Vancouver though, there's 99.3 the Fox (generic rock radio station), there's 'The Invisible Orange' (awesome name, but they seem to book the wrong shows business-wise), and more recently, 'Densixx Entertainment'.
I really want to like The IO, but they book a lot of obscure bands that won't earn them much money (which makes them pass up actually awesome tours), and then half of the time when they do book awesome tours, it's at 19+ venues.

Related to the OP: Dammit I want to see Kalmah. I don't even know their material very well.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
, and then half of the time when they do book awesome tours, it's at 19+ venues.
The same thing happens in Edmonton, except it is literally EVERY SINGLE UNDERGROUND TOUR FROM OUTSIDE ALBERTA. Two more fucking years for me, how long for you?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissimulate View Post
The same thing happens in Edmonton, except it is literally EVERY SINGLE UNDERGROUND TOUR FROM OUTSIDE ALBERTA. Two more fucking years for me, how long for you?
Yeah, I've heard that before about Edmonton.. Sucks man. Thankfully, a venue recently opened here that hosts small-mid sized tours that are all-ages (bar w/ ID). Kind of sketchy in that it's in the worst part of Canada, but the shows are worth it. I turn 19 in June of 2011. At least Alberta's laws only require you to be 18!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
N00B

If it makes you guys feel any better, I live about 45 minutes away from Toronto and will not be going.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
If it makes you guys feel any better, I live about 45 minutes away from Toronto and will not be going.
if anything that's karma for me for the fact that the west coast gets a lot of shows i tend to not care about at all that people on this board would love to go to.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X