Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Three of the eight biggest real metal bands of all time (I'd say only Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, and Metallica are bigger
Eh. I'll give you Slayer and Megadeth, but I don't think Anthrax are quite big enough to solidify a slot on this list. When playing on their own, they play clubs. At least they did a few years ago when they actually did their own tour(s), which I wish they'd do again.

Also, Motorhead certainly deserve a mention. Don't like them, but credit where credit's due.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
N00B

Holy shit that sounds awful...i assumed it was a bunch of drunk rednecks and some bros, but that is way, way worse. Ugh.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Eh. I'll give you Slayer and Megadeth, but I don't think Anthrax are quite big enough to solidify a slot on this list. When playing on their own, they play clubs. At least they did a few years ago when they actually did their own tour(s), which I wish they'd do again.

Also, Motorhead certainly deserve a mention. Don't like them, but credit where credit's due.
Fair enough. I'd say Anthrax make the top ten biggest at least.

Shouldn't matter who the bands were, the way people were acting is completely uncalled for. That's all.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Dude, it's the opposite of what you think. I WISH it was a bad Slayer crowd that was drunkenly moshing and inflicting bodily harm on one another. At least then I would have known they were alive. Seriously, this was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Three of the eight biggest real metal bands of all time (I'd say only Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, and Metallica are bigger) and it was about a 30-40% sellout, looked like a fucking Rays game. And then, the people who DID show up, fucking sat down, texted, ate popcorn, didn't sing along, didn't bang their heads, and just generally stared at the stage while metal was happening - even the fucking 15-16 year old kids! I get it if you're old, I guess, but if you are 15 and you're at a fucking SLAYER show and you aren't on your feet and worshiping heavy metal, you need to be shot. Fuck 'em all, they were a giant buzzkill. Even on the floor, where I wasn't, there was barely any moshing action. I always thought it would be cool to have an elevated view of a Slayer crowd to see the chaos going on below, but nope, not in Fort Wayne, aka God's asshole. I have more fun and get more animated when I go to the movies than these fuckers do when they go to a metal show.

I've had shows nearly ruined because karate kicking kids were getting into it in an annoying way, but I'd rather get karate chopped at Veil of Maya ten more times than have to see with such a truly depressing crowd.

Also, the Jagermeister shit was annoying as all hell, and the guy from That Metal Show is actually a bigger toolbag in real life than he is on his awful show.

that's always my biggest complain at Maiden gigs when I go see 'em on your side of the border, U.S. crowds are generally asleep and boring

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Bobb O)))

yeah brad, the same thing happened on the floor for the american carnage date i saw. fucking blew my mind.
10/4-Melvins
Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
What do you think, you live in the bay area?
Yes because Australia is in the Bay area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXA11rUzcjg

Dumbass.

Also, I kinda have to disagree with Brad. Well in regards to the floor where I was, can't speak for the people in seats. Anthrax's crowd was kinda dead. There were these two kids in front of me on the rail who were doing all of nothing that I desperately wanted to punch out. The crowd got a little more active during Megadeth. There was supposedly a "no moshing" rule for the venue, but that was thrown completely out the window when Slayer came on and a decent sized pit formed stage right. That was the only pit there though, so I guess I understand what Brad means by barely any moshing.

I actually almost got into a fight with a dude because of the "shoving" going on during Megadeth. I was just shoving my elbow randomly to the back so the assholes would get the hint.

Last edited by JRA; 10-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
that's always my biggest complain at Maiden gigs when I go see 'em on your side of the border, U.S. crowds are generally asleep and boring

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Pffft. Obviously. I've heard there are very few places in the world that can top Montreal's crowds. Though some friends of mine (From Van) who've gone south for shows have also said the same thing. Maiden's last tour wasn't the best for audience reaction, but the SBIT one was definitely nuts.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I've never had that. I will say the Maiden audience I was a part of in Toronto was a better experience than either I've had in Cleveland, but I wouldn't call those crowds "dead." Even during the mostly-new-shit set this past summer, the crowd was into it, or at the very least polite. Last night was a fucking abomination.

And yeah, Josh, I don't call one medium-sized pit (which I did see) a Slayer crowd. It should be 10,000 writhing limbs covering every square inch of floor and making the security guards too afraid to intervene. Or something close to that, anyway.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

There was a good-sized pit at my show. Not as big as it could've been, but there were still a lot of people in it. A little too violent for me though
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
yeah brad, the same thing happened on the floor for the american carnage date i saw. fucking blew my mind.
Idk, I was in the pit for pretty much all of Slayer's set and it was awesome, but it by no means engulfed the whole floor or anything. If you think that was bad you should've seen the crowd at Mayhem '09. Shit was pathetic.

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, slayer