Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I honestly think he enjoys the attention, be it negative or otherwise (which is why zgodt's post is the most relevant one in this thread).
That makes sense.
It's sad hearing musicians (Joey in this case, but it can be seen elsewhere) trying to act like what they're playing/singing actually means something to themselves when they're actually just going through the motions of playing a song.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
That makes sense.
It's sad hearing musicians (Joey in this case, but it can be seen elsewhere) trying to act like what they're playing/singing actually means something to themselves when they're actually just going through the motions of playing a song.
Nothing's changed there at all. That was Joey's role during his first run with Anthrax. As far as I know Joey wrote very little if anything at all on the four albums he recorded with them. For the most part it was Charlie who wrote the music and Scott did the lyrics.

Joey was fortunate enough to have some great material written for him to sing. Thus, it was easier to disguise the fact that he was just going through the motions then to. That's why getting Bush was a good move, he has a better voice than Joey and actually sings with feeling and emotion. Which is something I felt Joey never did even though I love the stuff he did with Anthrax.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 10-11-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I honestly think he enjoys the attention, be it negative or otherwise (which is why zgodt's post is the most relevant one in this thread).
And those that have over 10,000 posts don't enjoy the attention? Sure, some of my threads are GDIF threads, but I have posted some decent ones and contributed to posting setlists so it's not like I'm here to cause trouble. It's all in good fun, hey?

I truly am VERY excited about Anthrax's future though!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I truly am VERY excited about Anthrax's future though!
Just don't get your hopes up too high. Remember last time Joey came back it fell apart and that was only 3 or 4 years ago. I don't think their attitudes have changed that drastically in that time. Everyone is doing this for a cash grab and if you think they got back together for any other reason than you're fooling yourself. A reunion album and tour with Joey will give them more hype and money than they've seen since 1993.

Anthrax is struggling to keep what little credibility they have left and haven't had a new album now in over seven years Getting back with Joey gets them in the spotlight again and more importantly gets them paid and on better tours.

I'd love more than anything for it to work out this time but i'm not optimistic at all until the band shows they've actually grown up and are willing to proceed onward with this lineup.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Just don't get your hopes up too high. Remember last time Joey came back it fell apart and that was only 3 or 4 years ago.
Scott and Charlie said that was only supposed to be a temporary reunion and that they intended for John to return once they were done with the ATL reunion tour, but then John didn't want to return and that's where things got fucked up. Im not saying that everything is gonna work out fine but im just pointing out that this time he's actually back in the band.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Scott and Charlie said that was only supposed to be a temporary reunion and that they intended for John to return once they were done with the ATL reunion tour, but then John didn't want to return and that's where things got fucked up. Im not saying that everything is gonna work out fine but im just pointing out that this time he's actually back in the band.
They also said that the plan was to do an album with Joey but he decided to bail out on them because he was asking for too much money. Maybe that was true, maybe it wasn't. But they are conflicting stories on the matter so it's hard to tell which one, if either are right.

The only man associated with Anthrax who's word i've trusted over the last few years has been John Bush. He was always straight up in his thoughts about the situation, while Scott and Charlie seem to wanna give everybody a runaround.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

What has John had to say about it all?