Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
We're dying on the inside

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe a bunch of old men with no interest in Rob Zombie cut out after the Alice set and that's why he's playing before Rob but also playing more songs than him?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Also, why the fuck would he play a part of School's Out when Alice Cooper is on the same damn bill??? Is this the right set?
I can verify that it is the right set. He played it as a tribute to Alice Cooper for getting nominated to the Hall of Fame, and I thought it was a great gesture by him \m/

And Alice Cooper didn't headline because of the way Rob Zombie has the stage set up. RZ uses pyro, giant screen and a lot of other stuff that Alice Cooper doesn't, hence it wouldn't make much sense to waste time in bringing all of that down to clear the stage for Alice Cooper, had Alice Cooper played last. I hope that made sense.

The relatively more complex stage setup is also the reason why Slayer play after Megadeth even though both are playing the same duration.

Technically RZ and AC are co-headlining this tour, but with RZ wasting a lot of time with the drum solo and guitar solo as parts of the set, it felt like a shorter set than AC's in terms of the actual duration of the songs played.

Having said all that, I almost cried when Alice Cooper appeared on stage with School's Out. One of the best moments of the year for me \m/ Also, RZ's "Mars Needs Women" was fucking cool

Here are my videos if anyone's interested. The sound and video both came out great.

Alice Cooper: Under My Wheels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNe8w9f7zMQ

Rob Zombie: Pussy Liquor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbuoMztwxds

Rob Zombie: Mars Needs Women http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDEgl0fWf0

Lastly, my photographer got some great shots of Alice Cooper (we weren't allowed to shoot Rob Zombie) http://metalassault.com/Pictures/Ali...per/093010.php

Last edited by andrew_metalhead; 10-05-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe a bunch of old men with no interest in Rob Zombie cut out after the Alice set and that's why he's playing before Rob but also playing more songs than him?
In my opinion, age has nothing to do with liking Alice Cooper/disliking Rob Zombie. I'm not old and Alice Cooper is one of my favorite artists. My brother is 21 and he's a bigger fan of classic rock than me.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
In my opinion, age has nothing to do with liking Alice Cooper/disliking Rob Zombie. I'm not old and Alice Cooper is one of my favorite artists. My brother is 21 and he's a bigger fan of classic rock than me.
I think you can probably see how that would be different for other people, though. If you were in high school when Billion Dollar Babies came out, you were probably married with kids by the time Hellbilly Deluxe came out and didn't bother caring about it. Not everyone is as interested in music as people who come to an online message board for it; most people "move on" at some point and seeing Cooper is a nostalgia thing for them.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Having said all that, I almost cried when Alice Cooper appeared on stage
Oh, good at least i'm not the only one that happens to

It does make sense that Zombie would headline having the bigger stage setup. My love for Alice and the legend he is will always tell me he should be headlining though
Old 10-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Headbanger

Yeah I'm with Andrew. I saw Zombie on the Mayhem Tour and was blown away. 3 HUGE different Eddie-like robots and props. Huge pyro going off all over the place. Other explosions happeining in the crowd. It was nuts. I agree he should be playing a few more songs but Alice Cooper is the true headliner here. It's just logical to have Zombie play after him because of the crazy stage show.

Tags
alice cooper, rob zombie