Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

BlackDiamondSkye -- Kansas City, MO -- October 2nd, 2010

First off how in the hell is it a good idea to schedule a show outside the first week of October? Around 50 degrees the whole show. I'm sure people who live in the north are laughing at me right now but this was same venue when I went to Warped Tour had a guy die from heat exhaustion. And for some reason it didn't start until 8:30. Every other show I've seen started like an hour or hour and a half before. Moving on...

Mastodon
Naked Burn
Divinations
Oblivion
Crystal Skull
Colony Of Birchmen
The Czar
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder

Just like Wolverine from STL show said best responses of the night came from their older material. I think I might have been the last person from this page that hasn't seen Mastodon tour for CTS. Only my 2nd time getting to see them and last saw them was opening on Mayhem. Crowd was kinda dead for them, although I don't know how much of that had to do w/ everybody still being cold too. Only pit I ever saw was for Blood & Thunder. Excited for B&T since Mastodon didn't play that on Mayhem.

Deftones
Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Nosebleed
Engine No. 9
7 Words

Probably the biggest crowd reaction was for Deftones. As good as they were when I saw them headline in Tulsa, Chino was bouncing all over the place. I have never seen him so active and busy on stage like I did tonight...Wow. Set unchanged, I enjoyed getting to see them do Passenger as that was the only song not done on their headlining date when I saw them. Lol random observation because this was my first time being on the same side as Stephen from Deftones but WOW that guy looks smoked out on stage. He still plays amazing but this was first time I could see his face. Again I will say WOW. Finger of shame to him for wearing Tech 9 shirt however... But best response of the night was Deftones no doubt.

Alice In Chains
Them Bones
Dam That River
Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain
Your Decision
No Excuses
Grind
Junkhead
We Die Young
Acid Bubble
Lesson Learned
Rooster
------------------
Sludge Factory
Man In The Box
Would

Just as mind blowing as when I saw them in Feburary. Sadly I didn't get Rotten Apple or Nutshell. That might have ruined my Sludge Factory experience because it is a good song and its the first time that I recall it was done on this tour. I might be in the minority but I'm very glad they have been playing Grind on this tour. Everything else was done when they were here in Febuary but I'm not complaining other than never liking "Your Decision". Crowd was incredibly dead for that song and pretty sure crowd was dead last time for that song. Anything would be an improvement over that song, even other songs from new album. Left during Man In The Box but it was midnight by the time I left anyway and I know the traffice would be stupid. I'm sure they played Would to close.

This lineup seemed to work better together than what I would have thought months ago when it was announced. Solid show from top to bottom. Would have preferred earlier start time & being indoors but still if that's what I have to bitch about I will take it. Sadly b/c of the light show my pictures aren't as good as what I expect but still they turned out pretty well: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=be94738641
Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Finger of shame to him for wearing Tech 9 shirt however...
pfft, I will support Tech N9ne until the day I die. Support local music!

Also: if this didn't start so FUCKING LATE, I would've been there to see at least Mastodon.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
pfft, I will support Tech N9ne until the day I die. Support local music!

Also: if this didn't start so FUCKING LATE, I would've been there to see at least Mastodon.
I understand supporting local music and that's cool but never been Tech 9 fan. Outside of Riot Room I've never seen a show start so late
Old 10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Shit, piss, damn, fuck...
im tired of missing all these damn shows i needs moneys
Old 10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Shit, piss, damn, fuck...
im tired of missing all these damn shows i needs moneys
Or how bout you don't go see 5FDP. That would've saved you some money. Yeah, they put on a fun show but when they only do like 11 songs as a headliner it really isn't worth it. Also, KC seems very similar to where I live in Buffalo where a lot of big tours seem to skip over like BlackDiamondSkye, American Carnage and Iron Maiden didn't come here at all. So when something like this comes to your area from now on you need to make sure you attend somehow.

Just giving you some advice as to how to prioritize when it comes to shows. You're free to spend you money whatever way you see fit.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Also, KC seems very similar to where I live in Buffalo where a lot of big tours seem to skip over like BlackDiamondSkye, American Carnage and Iron Maiden
Yea this was the review for BlackDiamondSkye and I went to American Carnage as well in KC. Sadly I will not comment on Maiden.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
N00B

gotta love that Chino is sober now. his energy is fantastic.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
gotta love that Chino is sober now. his energy is fantastic.
Good god the difference between when I first saw them on Summer Sanitarium in '03 and from last night... Wow, doesn't even seem like the same band. Light years difference.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Or how bout you don't go see 5FDP. That would've saved you some money. Yeah, they put on a fun show but when they only do like 11 songs as a headliner it really isn't worth it.
im not going to that anymore..almost 40 bucks to see 3 bands i have already seen..not worth it, and ya 11 songs as a headliner doesnt cut it. also im not going to any of the shows i though i was, except BLS an the Hammerlord show.

Tags
alice in chains, deftones, mastodon