Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Face The Slayer

I'm suprised you guys want them to take out Antisocial..I always thought it was a great cover and should be a staple.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
I'm suprised you guys want them to take out Antisocial..I always thought it was a great cover and should be a staple.
Yeah, but what would you rather hear? Antisocial or something epic like N.F.L.?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Yeah I love NFL and actually hate antisocial. I expecially hate it when they make it a 8 minute gay sing-a-long when they could have played 2 more songs I'd rather hear like Now it's Dark or Skeletons in the Closet.

With all the great songs Anthrax have it's time to drop ALL covers, especially on an opening slot.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Death by Metal

The only reason why they played "A.I.R." was because it was requested by Dave Mustaine. I have the actual Anthrax set list and it has "Only" written on it, but they just scratched it out.

Another thing I have to point out is Chris from Megadeth. They guy can play! When he is doing all those crazy solos he doesn't even look at his guitar. Really pay attention to him if your close enough.
9/21 - Eluvitie
10/5 - Cheap Trick?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Good point..I still love Antisocial though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm4bama View Post
The only reason why they played "A.I.R." was because it was requested by Dave Mustaine. I have the actual Anthrax set list and it has "Only" written on it, but they just scratched it out.

Another thing I have to point out is Chris from Megadeth. They guy can play! When he is doing all those crazy solos he doesn't even look at his guitar. Really pay attention to him if your close enough.
Hm..well theres a date in Orlando tonight, we shall see if A.I.R. is still in, and I hope it is.

And yes Chris is amazing, when I saw him in 09, he looked directly into my eyes WHILE playing the TOS solo
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 AM
::Metal Nerd::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Is Megadeth still bringing out Vic?
yeh Vic came out during Dawn Patrol
9/21 Eluveitie
10/4 Rush Tribute
10/10 MH & COB
10/11 King Diamond
Old 10-02-2010, 08:03 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

where do I start?

First off, I missed Anthrax. I hate them, so I'm not too bummed ("I even shouted Anthrax sucks" really loudly ) but I did want the chance to see if they were better live than on CD.

Megadeth was alright. Dave Cumstaine is such a loser though. My friend and I couldn't help but laugh every time we saw him on stage.
As for the songs: It was amazing to see "Peace Sells." That is my favorite Megadeth song and it was great live. "Rust in Peace...Polaris" wasn't as good as last time, though. Also, I dunno why he put "trust" and "a tout le monde" in such a limited-length set. They were quite boring and sleep-inducing.

SLAAAAYYYYEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! was okay. I saw them in Italy this summer and unfortunately saw them do the same set instead of their awesome European set with Hell Awaits, Chemical Warfare, and Silent Scream. Anyways, that show destroyed my extremely high expectations. The sound was off and it seemed like my favorite band nn the world wasn't the best live band in the world like everybody else said.

My thoughts didn't change tonight, unfortunately. To add insult to injury, I got a massive headache every time I headbanged or screamed the words to a song.
As for the songs: "Seasons in the Abyss" is still their best live song, despite the fact that barely anybody was singing the chorus
I also enjoyed "Dead Skin Mask" and "South of Heaven." "Raining Blood" is still decent live. (same as Italy)
"Blood Red" was amazing, though. Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, but Slayer is much better at playing slow songs than fast songs. The fast songs just sound empty, while the slow songs have so much power and emotion.

Anyways, I hate to even think about it, but I may think twice about seeing Slayer again if they keep playing the same songs over and over. Hopefully they'll have a good set though.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:17 AM
N00B

It didn't quite compare to Clash of the Titans at the Omni 20 years ago, when there were 10,000 people, but I still had a good time.

I agree about Chris Broderick. It seems that he's slumming in Megadeth.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Concert Veteran

I like 'Only' it was one of their biggest songs and it's a nice way for them to acknowledge that the Bush era does exist even though Belladonna is back. But i'll take A.I.R. over it all the time I don't mind Antisocial like some do and I don't even consider it a cover myself. Much like I see 'Am I Evil' as Metallica's own song I see 'Antisocial' the same for Anthrax. Plus, it's been a live staple for over 20 years. The set would just look weird without it.

Now that GTT is out i'm waiting to see one of their songs off POT to make it. I'm surprised that they haven't at least done IMW or BOTB yet since Joey got back.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:59 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Only is one of Anthrax's best songs. Even with Joey at the helm, they need to play more Sound of White Noise stuff.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, slayer