Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
That Guy

My Guitarist's Improv Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQy8YVtGx44

This is my guitarist, Beast, jamming out at Guitar Center after I won the prelims for the 2010 Guitar Center Drum Off. I just told him to set the amp he was messing around on to the first rock/metal backing track he found and start jamming. So I started filming from there. Hope you guys dig it!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:36 PM
In Search of Truth

Tone's kinda twangy (hence the Telecaster I suppose), and the pitches of the bends aren't that great - but overall pretty good, he's definitely got skills. That was better than I was expecting, haha.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Tone's kinda twangy (hence the Telecaster I suppose), and the pitches of the bends aren't that great - but overall pretty good, he's definitely got skills. That was better than I was expecting, haha.
Thanks man.

He was just fucking around off the top of his head. For a Telecaster on a Fender Mini amp he sounds pretty damn good.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Thanks man.

He was just fucking around off the top of his head. For a Telecaster on a Fender Mini amp he sounds pretty damn good.
By the way, your YouTube channel is what I wish ours was like, haha. I wish we had all kinds of great video of us NOT playing, or even videos of practice and whatnot, but we never have any way of recording video practically, so there's none of the fun stuff. I do urge you to check out my band's channel if you haven't though.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
That Guy

Quote:
By the way, your YouTube channel is what I wish ours was like, haha. I wish we had all kinds of great video of us NOT playing, or even videos of practice and whatnot, but we never have any way of recording video practically, so there's none of the fun stuff. I do urge you to check out my band's channel if you haven't though.
Thanks man. We're trying to make it as fun as possible. There's so much more to a band then just the music presented.

What's the link to your page? I'll check you guys out now.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
In Search of Truth

http://www.youtube.com/user/Necromancerocks
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
That Guy

Quote:
WOW, you guys are damn good! Just subscribed!

I'll be checking out more, but thanks to your youtube wall, I discovered Evergrey covered Maiden's Wasted Years and I now have to check that out. I'll be back to watch more after.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
WOW, you guys are damn good! Just subscribed!

I'll be checking out more, but thanks to your youtube wall, I discovered Evergrey covered Maiden's Wasted Years and I now have to check that out. I'll be back to watch more after.
Haha thanks a lot man! Sadly we only have just over a half dozen videos of original material up there - we're planning on getting around to adding more (we have about 7 full shows worth of video on DVDs sitting around). But we have kinda prioritized getting decent covers up, since they tend to draw much more attention to the channel. I'm also planning on finally uploading the audio tracks from our 2009 7-song demo CD, as well as possibly some solo compilations of mine.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Haha thanks a lot man! Sadly we only have just over a half dozen videos of original material up there - we're planning on getting around to adding more (we have about 7 full shows worth of video on DVDs sitting around). But we have kinda prioritized getting decent covers up, since they tend to draw much more attention to the channel. I'm also planning on finally uploading the audio tracks from our 2009 7-song demo CD, as well as possibly some solo compilations of mine.
No problem man. Actually my band is in talks about doing some covers as well. during the next time that we have practice *which I hope is tomorrow* We are going to pick one, realistic, cover each of songs we should cover. Then we'll eventually put them up on youtube as well. We all gotta start somewhere. And you guys definitely have that going for you. I'm looking forward to any new videos.

I still don't know how the hell my drum solo video from Thursday has almost 700 views already. It just boggles my mind.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
No problem man. Actually my band is in talks about doing some covers as well. during the next time that we have practice *which I hope is tomorrow* We are going to pick one, realistic, cover each of songs we should cover. Then we'll eventually put them up on youtube as well. We all gotta start somewhere. And you guys definitely have that going for you. I'm looking forward to any new videos.

I still don't know how the hell my drum solo video from Thursday has almost 700 views already. It just boggles my mind.
The problem with everyone picking covers is you start to see the differences in opinions about where every individual is coming from and going to. Also, you realize that some people have awfully distorted perceptions of "realistic", haha. Which for our band is not THAT many things, being a one-guitar band for the past 3 years, with no keyboards, and until we split with our old bassist and acquired our current live bassist, a not-that-great bassist. The full list of songs we've covered (at least once live) to date (first show was March 2005):

In chronological order, starting from earliest: (note, until we get to about See You in Hell, most of these weren't actually played well. We started playing live about 2 years and 2 band members too soon. We're trying to destroy the evidence those first 13 shows ever happened, haha)
Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man (2 guitars)
Iron Maiden - The Trooper (2 guitars)
Tesla - Comin Atcha Live (2 guitars)
Helloween - I Want Out (2 guitars)
Iron Maiden - Revelations (2 guitars)
Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus (2 guitars)
Queensryche - Empire (2 guitars)
Iron Maiden - Aces High (2 guitars)
Grim Reaper - See You In Hell (2 guitars)
Savatage - Believe (2 guitars, I also played piano)
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years (2 guitars, did it many times with just 1 though)
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (only the verses, we put it inside one of our own songs)
WASP - The Idol (2 guitars)
Iron Maiden -2 Minutes to Midnight (2 guitars)
Dio - Holy Diver
Savatage - Power of the Night
Skid Row - 18 and Life
Iron Maiden - The Prisoner
Savatage - Strange Wings
Iron Maiden - Different World (2 guitars, special one-night Maiden tribute set)
Iron Maiden - Reach Out (2 guitars, special one-night Maiden tribute set)
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (2 guitars, special one-night Maiden tribute set)
Queensryche - Take Hold of the Flame
Black Sabbath - Children of the Sea

This doesn't count the probably 2-dozen more songs we've covered at acoustic shows as just my sister and I over the past year or so.
Also, we were undertaking a whole new set of covers as of a year ago with our temporary drummer and now ex-bassist, which included:
Tesla - Modern Day Cowboy
Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon
WASP - Wild Child
Judas Priest - Hell Patrol (I was actually going to sing this)
Yngwie Malmsteen - You Don't Remember (I'll never Forget)

Last edited by Maiden33; 09-27-2010 at 09:58 PM.