Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Looking forward to a better regular season for the Winged Wheel this year. Basically the same team as last year with a couple differences (Mike Modano was added at forward, Ruslan Salei on defense), but I expect the Central Division to be much more tightly contested this year. The Blackhawks are the team to beat, but they've taken a step back this offseason.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Looking forward to a better regular season for the Winged Wheel this year. Basically the same team as last year with a couple differences (Mike Modano was added at forward, Ruslan Salei on defense), but I expect the Central Division to be much more tightly contested this year. The Blackhawks are the team to beat, but they've taken a step back this offseason.
I actually like the Wings to take the Central this year, with Hudler returning and the hits to the Hawks roster... so long as Howard doesn't shit the bed.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I actually like the Wings to take the Central this year, with Hudler returning and the hits to the Hawks roster... so long as Howard doesn't shit the bed.
I'm not that high on Hudler, he was good in our Cup run in 2008 but then disappeared in 2009 after the Ducks series. Regardless, it is an upgrade because we did struggle to find consistency in our third and fourth lines, and he is a good player on those lines, at the very least.

I think Jimmy Howard will be fine after being thrown into the fire last year. I do expect Ozzie to get more games, however, to spell him.

Overall I think it will be very close between the Hawks and Wings in the Central this year. Personally, I'd rather not have to steal home-ice advantage in the playoffs, especially when it comes to the Sharks or Hawks.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:07 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
I'm not that high on Hudler, he was good in our Cup run in 2008 but then disappeared in 2009 after the Ducks series. Regardless, it is an upgrade because we did struggle to find consistency in our third and fourth lines, and he is a good player on those lines, at the very least.

I think Jimmy Howard will be fine after being thrown into the fire last year. I do expect Ozzie to get more games, however, to spell him.

Overall I think it will be very close between the Hawks and Wings in the Central this year. Personally, I'd rather not have to steal home-ice advantage in the playoffs, especially when it comes to the Sharks or Hawks.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hudler is the second coming of Stevie Y or anything but the Wings were hit pretty hard with injuries last year if I remember correctly. With Hudler and Modano, they're that much deeper at forward which should help them stay afloat should the injury bug hit again.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Wings will take the Central with the Hawks a very close second. Doesn't matter though, one of them is going to destroy Vancouver in the second round and meet in the Conference Finals where Chicago will get some revenge for two years ago.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:04 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Nice to have some hockey talk here. I have a feeling were going to get another Red Wings and Pens final. The Wings were held back a bit last year from injuries. I can see them getting there again. Of course the Hawks will give them a challenege. I think the Kings and Coyotes will be very good too. Id say the Sharks but they'll just barf themselves in the playoffs like always.
As for the Pens, they already had a good team, obviously, and made a couple decent moves so I think they'll make it back. Philly and Jersey will be good. So will the Caps. And believe or not people should watch out for the Leafs. Along with their fans, they will piss some teams off this year.
As for my beloved Sabres, they made little cheap moves like they always do. There are some good young players coming up, but they still got baggage that will hold them back from going farther. They'll compete for the division because the northeast is wide open. But they won't go much farther until they make a bigger move or two, to get them back where they were a few years ago. Jeez, hockey really gets me started Ill stop for now or ill be typing forever. In closing, may the Bruins and Sens burn in hell
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hudler is the second coming of Stevie Y or anything but the Wings were hit pretty hard with injuries last year if I remember correctly. With Hudler and Modano, they're that much deeper at forward which should help them stay afloat should the injury bug hit again.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Wings will take the Central with the Hawks a very close second. Doesn't matter though, one of them is going to destroy Vancouver in the second round and meet in the Conference Finals where Chicago will get some revenge for two years ago.
The injury situation was by far the worst I have ever seen a single team experience. If Dave Tippett didn't do so well in Phoenix, Mike Babcock should have gotten the Jack Adams as coach of the year. He was outstanding. I'm still very confident in our nucleus and expect to do some damage in the playoffs again. A Wings-Hawks conference final would be fun, always is.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

NHL 2010-2011 season thread!

Regular season hockey starts today, bitches!! WHO'S STOKED?!

Oh yeah: LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
We're dying on the inside

But seriously, we might be the worst team in the NHL. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
N00B

i think someone started this thread already, fonz
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
i think someone started this thread already, fonz
It would be easier to find WITH A SPORTS AND FITNESS SUBFORUM!