Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I noticed he just went away for a while, but Matt seemed a little out of it, even though he was playing well, so I think he might have broken a string or just been unhappy with his sound. I thought his tone was amazing though. I think I recognized you from the Heathen show by the way...
Haha, I was the Indian kid in the black and white Sleep shirt during the show. Before I hit up the merch I had a High On Fire shirt on. I was running around all over the place during Thrones, but during Sleep I went from middle of the floor to right in front of Matt. But yeah, Matt's guitar sounded simply amazing, and when he would alternate strum on those doubled high strings, his hands were a total blur. Totally fucking godlike And Over the Mountain sounded far better live in person than in YouTube videos. I'm pretty sure that Matt's guitar problems only caused Some Grass and Nain's Baptism to be cut, (both of which are probably the worst songs on Holy Mountain IMHO) so we still got pretty close to a full show.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Haha, I was the Indian kid in the black and white Sleep shirt during the show. Before I hit up the merch I had a High On Fire shirt on. I was running around all over the place during Thrones, but during Sleep I went from middle of the floor to right in front of Matt. But yeah, Matt's guitar sounded simply amazing, and when he would alternate strum on those doubled high strings, his hands were a total blur. Totally fucking godlike And Over the Mountain sounded far better live in person than in YouTube videos. I'm pretty sure that Matt's guitar problems only caused Some Grass and Nain's Baptism to be cut, (both of which are probably the worst songs on Holy Mountain IMHO) so we still got pretty close to a full show.
I'm not sure those were even cut.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Dude what the hell happened during the middle of the show with Matt's guitar? I remember Al and Jason helping him tune by playing a chromatic scale and him hiding behind the amps, but he was out of the action for a far longer time to have just had a broken string.
I'm guessing you went Monday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Tony, you made the show right?
Yeah, Sunday.
The guitar tone was one of the gnarliest I've ever heard.

And was I looking at the wrong table or was there only 1 shirt, with a picture of Iommi and "the diety" written on the front?
__________________
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 AM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm guessing you went Monday?


Yeah, Sunday.
The guitar tone was one of the gnarliest I've ever heard.

And was I looking at the wrong table or was there only 1 shirt, with a picture of Iommi and "the diety" written on the front?
The tone was incccreeedible, but there was a brief moment where Pike went offstage to deal with something, and I think that's what he was talking about. It probably had to do with something onstage.

You got there late like I did. They had a tour shirt that was pretty sick, but they were out of it and another one, which I got just in time. They were out of merch really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
They definitely did Nain's Baptism and the second half of Inside the Sun starting from the big slow riff on the 1st night. Wish I would've gone to both shows.
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
bt11763's Avatar
bt11763 bt11763 is offline
Bobb O)))
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post

You got there late like I did. They had a tour shirt that was pretty sick, but they were out of it and another one, which I got just in time. They were out of merch really fast.
well at my date i got into the venue when doors opened and they were all pretty much sold out right away, i know they had other people in there before then but it all sold really fast. you can find some shirts online though.
__________________
9/1-POTR
9/5-Altar of Plagues
9/25-St. Vitus
10/4-Melvins
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
The tone was incccreeedible, but there was a brief moment where Pike went offstage to deal with something, and I think that's what he was talking about. It probably had to do with something onstage.

You got there late like I did. They had a tour shirt that was pretty sick, but they were out of it and another one, which I got just in time. They were out of merch really fast.
Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
__________________
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
Oh yeah, that's the one I got.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-17-2010, 06:26 PM
bt11763's Avatar
bt11763 bt11763 is offline
Bobb O)))
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
find her and engage penetration
__________________
9/1-POTR
9/5-Altar of Plagues
9/25-St. Vitus
10/4-Melvins
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-17-2010, 06:32 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
7-10/10?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sleep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008