Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I noticed he just went away for a while, but Matt seemed a little out of it, even though he was playing well, so I think he might have broken a string or just been unhappy with his sound. I thought his tone was amazing though. I think I recognized you from the Heathen show by the way...
Haha, I was the Indian kid in the black and white Sleep shirt during the show. Before I hit up the merch I had a High On Fire shirt on. I was running around all over the place during Thrones, but during Sleep I went from middle of the floor to right in front of Matt. But yeah, Matt's guitar sounded simply amazing, and when he would alternate strum on those doubled high strings, his hands were a total blur. Totally fucking godlike And Over the Mountain sounded far better live in person than in YouTube videos. I'm pretty sure that Matt's guitar problems only caused Some Grass and Nain's Baptism to be cut, (both of which are probably the worst songs on Holy Mountain IMHO) so we still got pretty close to a full show.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Haha, I was the Indian kid in the black and white Sleep shirt during the show. Before I hit up the merch I had a High On Fire shirt on. I was running around all over the place during Thrones, but during Sleep I went from middle of the floor to right in front of Matt. But yeah, Matt's guitar sounded simply amazing, and when he would alternate strum on those doubled high strings, his hands were a total blur. Totally fucking godlike And Over the Mountain sounded far better live in person than in YouTube videos. I'm pretty sure that Matt's guitar problems only caused Some Grass and Nain's Baptism to be cut, (both of which are probably the worst songs on Holy Mountain IMHO) so we still got pretty close to a full show.
I'm not sure those were even cut.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Dude what the hell happened during the middle of the show with Matt's guitar? I remember Al and Jason helping him tune by playing a chromatic scale and him hiding behind the amps, but he was out of the action for a far longer time to have just had a broken string.
I'm guessing you went Monday?
Quote:
Tony, you made the show right?
Yeah, Sunday.
The guitar tone was one of the gnarliest I've ever heard.

And was I looking at the wrong table or was there only 1 shirt, with a picture of Iommi and "the diety" written on the front?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm guessing you went Monday?

Yeah, Sunday.
The guitar tone was one of the gnarliest I've ever heard.

And was I looking at the wrong table or was there only 1 shirt, with a picture of Iommi and "the diety" written on the front?
The tone was incccreeedible, but there was a brief moment where Pike went offstage to deal with something, and I think that's what he was talking about. It probably had to do with something onstage.

You got there late like I did. They had a tour shirt that was pretty sick, but they were out of it and another one, which I got just in time. They were out of merch really fast.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

They definitely did Nain's Baptism and the second half of Inside the Sun starting from the big slow riff on the 1st night. Wish I would've gone to both shows.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:

You got there late like I did. They had a tour shirt that was pretty sick, but they were out of it and another one, which I got just in time. They were out of merch really fast.
well at my date i got into the venue when doors opened and they were all pretty much sold out right away, i know they had other people in there before then but it all sold really fast. you can find some shirts online though.
10/4-Melvins
Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
The tone was incccreeedible, but there was a brief moment where Pike went offstage to deal with something, and I think that's what he was talking about. It probably had to do with something onstage.

Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Damn I wish I would have known, I saw a girl on campus the other day with a green shirt and what looked like a Sleep logo, but I didn't realize it actually was til it was too late.
Oh yeah, that's the one I got.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
find her and engage penetration
10/4-Melvins
Old 09-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
7-10/10?

Tags
sleep