04-Colony Of Birchmen
05-Megalodon
06-Sleeping Giant
07-Circle of Cysquatch
08-Aqua Dementia
09-Iron Tusk
10-March of the Fire Ants

Source: www.setlist.fm

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 09-19-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added the corrected set for Mastodon. Setlist.fm had incorrect information.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Cowboy From Hell

The Deftones and AiC sets were about what I suspected they would be. I was really hoping for more old school from Mastodon. No Iron Tusk, Motherpuncher, Sleeping Giant or Seabeast?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:27 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Wow, what a shitty set. Mastodon doesn't know how to compile sets anymore after playing Crack the Skye on three different tours. Oblivionn and Divinations are to be expected, and I'm fine with that- they're great songs. But unless they decide to pull out The Last Baron, two or three CTS songs should be enough. We've all had ample time to hear the CTS songs live. Quintescence and Ghost are the worst songs on CTS anyway.

March of the Fire Ants and Blood and Thunder are great songs and obvious staples, but ehhhh.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Concert Veteran

Good set from AIC. Nice to see DIAH and WDY in there. Thank god they're not ending with Rooster. I've always thought that was the weakest track on Dirt and made for a boring ender. Would? is perfect as the closer.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:52 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Wow, what a shitty set. Mastodon doesn't know how to compile sets anymore after playing Crack the Skye on three different tours. Oblivionn and Divinations are to be expected, and I'm fine with that- they're great songs. But unless they decide to pull out The Last Baron, two or three CTS songs should be enough. We've all had ample time to hear the CTS songs live. Quintescence and Ghost are the worst songs on CTS anyway.

March of the Fire Ants and Blood and Thunder are great songs and obvious staples, but ehhhh.
I have to agree. I love Mastodon, but you're exactly right. Quintessence and Ghost of Karelia could have been dropped. The title track would have been awesome to add too. I love hearing it live. The Deftones and AIC sets are similar to what they have been playing. Either way it looks like a great tour and I'm pissed it's not coming here.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:54 AM

I've been wondering this and hopefully Wolverinekills can answer it. I was surprised this was an arena tour because as much as I love all three bands, none of them strike me as being able to fill an arena. How full was the place?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Did not attend, found the setlists online. I'll let you know how full the St. Louis show is on Oct. 1st. I do know that when I saw AiC this past March in Nashville that they played in front of roughly 8000 fans. I would expect most shows on this tour in the 10,000 range on average.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
I've been wondering this and hopefully Wolverinekills can answer it. I was surprised this was an arena tour because as much as I love all three bands, none of them strike me as being able to fill an arena. How full was the place?
AIC has been playing smaller venues since they came back a few years ago but I believe they're still popular enough to fill arenas respectably. Their new album has gone gold in the US and Check My Brain and Your Decision both went to number 1 on modern rock stations across the country. So the fanbase is still there and people do want to see them.

In the late 90s/early 2000s the Deftones had some popular songs and some albums that sold quite well for them. Both them and Mastodon have a decent following to which will help to fill the seats.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
AIC has been playing smaller venues since they came back a few years ago but I believe they're still popular enough to fill arenas respectably. Their new album has gone gold in the US and Check My Brain and Your Decision both went to number 1 on modern rock stations across the country. So the fanbase is still there and people do want to see them.

In the late 90s/early 2000s the Deftones had some popular songs and some albums that sold quite well for them. Both them and Mastodon have a decent following to which will help to fill the seats.
True, and I think most of the places will have majority of the seats filled, but I doubt any will sellout. I am just curious as to how filled they get.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Wow. I didn't realize AIC was touring for Dirt again . Really though its a good set. It would be nice if they came here. I'm a newbie to Mastodon, and the set seems ok to me. But if I were seeing them for the first time, something extra off Leviathan or Remission would be cool. As for the deftones, they have always annoyed me for some reason.

Tags
alice in chains, deftones, mastodon