Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
N00B

im hoping the Coyotes can build off the success they had last year so maybe we can get past the first round >.<
Old 09-15-2010, 03:27 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
So how does a team win a championship and dump all but 1 of it's star players?
Oh well, Sharks ended up with their goalie.
All but 1?! Last time I checked, the Hawks still have Toews, Kane, Keith, Sharp, Hossa, Bolland, Seabrook, etc.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I'm hoping the Flyers build on the strengths of last year and have a great season. As usual I'm incredibly skeptical about a number of things - but mostly still upset that they got rid of essentially my favorite player still with the team.
I'm not quite sure what the flyers were trying to do this offseason - it looked like they were trying to upgrade at goalie, then when that didn't pan out, they tried to upgrade the D as much as possible. I know Gagne was overpaid, but losing him still hurts the team. Curious offseason for a team that made it to game 6 of the finals, thats for sure.
MDF
Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I'm not quite sure what the flyers were trying to do this offseason - it looked like they were trying to upgrade at goalie, then when that didn't pan out, they tried to upgrade the D as much as possible. I know Gagne was overpaid, but losing him still hurts the team. Curious offseason for a team that made it to game 6 of the finals, thats for sure.
I don't really think Gagne was overpaid - he wasn't making nearly as much as Scott Hartnell, who from time to time does absolutely nothing but take penalties.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:58 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
I don't think the Flyers did too badly this off-season. Gagne missed considerable time again and the improvement of youngsters like Giroux and Van Riemsdyk (and MAYBE Zherdev... lol) should be able to more than make up for his 17 goals from last year. Goaltending is the big question mark and I'm really surprised they didn't even make a pitch at Niemi. At any rate I think they'll be starting the playoffs on home ice, as much as I hate them.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I don't think the Flyers did too badly this off-season. Gagne missed considerable time again and the improvement of youngsters like Giroux and Van Riemsdyk (and MAYBE Zherdev... lol) should be able to more than make up for his 17 goals from last year. Goaltending is the big question mark and I'm really surprised they didn't even make a pitch at Niemi. At any rate I think they'll be starting the playoffs on home ice, as much as I hate them.
Well, they had 6 games to see Niemi close up, I think that's why they didn't want him (yes, I know Leighton blew in the finals, but Niemi didn't impress me too much either, outside of game 2). I think they made a pitch at Nabakov, it wasn't happening, so they tried to upgrade the D in front of Leighton. I just hope guys like Hartnell, Giroux, and Leino are able to keep the momentum they had in the playoffs.
MDF
Old 09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I just hope guys like Hartnell, Giroux, and Leino are able to keep the momentum they had in the playoffs.
This is probably my biggest concern. I think I'm more concerned for Hartnell than anyone though.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is probably my biggest concern. I think I'm more concerned for Hartnell than anyone though.
Same here - he seems lazy as shit. The other two i think are up and coming young players that just need the ice time
MDF
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Same here - he seems lazy as shit. The other two i think are up and coming young players that just need the ice time
Exactly. It seems like he just doesn't give a shit enough to actually play his best when the games aren't very important.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Well, they had 6 games to see Niemi close up, I think that's why they didn't want him (yes, I know Leighton blew in the finals, but Niemi didn't impress me too much either, outside of game 2). I think they made a pitch at Nabakov, it wasn't happening, so they tried to upgrade the D in front of Leighton. I just hope guys like Hartnell, Giroux, and Leino are able to keep the momentum they had in the playoffs.
I agree that Niemi didn't set the world on fire with his play, but he's got a ring and he's better than what the Flyers have now. Considering he was eventually signed for $2 mil, I don't see how they wouldn't want the upgrade.