Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Tonight is Kix and I urge all fans of Jaxx to help us get out of the summer doldrums by not only attending tonight's show but by bringing some friends, especially in light of what has happened with the Kamelot show on Saturday. Kamelot is another longtime Jaxx band that always sells out and this show was no exception. Tuesday night I was informed that the singer has some type of Neurological disorder that is life threatening and now can't tour. The replacement singer, also from Norway, didn't work out so now no show at Jaxx and no tour. They prepaid everything, permits, visas, tour bus, crew, the whole shebang. Sound stage for rehearsals, new gear etc., and now have no way to cover those expenses. It gets worse, Leave's Eyes from Germany and Blackguard from Canada, the 2 opening acts for the tour, did the same thing expense wise. They flew in to Miami on Tuesday, picked up their bus, and headed to Atlanta for Prog Power and the start of the tour. Only to find out there is no tour and they are broke and 4000 miles from home. After having been in the same situation with the Roadducks countless times (one of the hazards of touring) I am trying to help them and do the right thing. So Leave's Eyes and Blackguard along with Cypher Lock will perform on Saturday with a 10 dollar cover. I know you are disappointed about Kamelot. But the reason the show sold all 500 tickets was 'cause you folks are true fans with allot of you coming in from bumfuck etc.. So please help these bands out and attend. Trust me, Jaxx needs the money too. I apologize to those who made extensive travel plans but put yourself in the place of the bands involved. At least you can drive home. These guys are between a rock and a hard place with 4000 miles and an Ocean to cross. Kamelot will find another singer and reschedule asap. Thanks for your understanding and support
Quote from the owner of Jaxx, where Kamelot was scheduled to play tomorrow. That does not sound good at all.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Quote from the owner of Jaxx, where Kamelot was scheduled to play tomorrow. That does not sound good at all.
Given that the statement that follows that is false, I'm not sure how trustworthy the information is.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
N00B

It must be true that tour is cancelled. The Palladium in Worcester, MA says that the tour is cancelled and that refunds will be given.

http://www.thepalladium.net/events.html

Scroll down to the September 17th date.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
In Search of Truth

It is indeed true that the tour is canceled.

However it is false that it's because "the replacement singer didn't work out". Eriksen was fully capable of doing the tour, the band just decided to postpone the tour out of respect for Khan, also due to the negative response of Kamelot fanboys who refused to accept substitutes.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I would also like to point out that the information about Leaves Eyes (can't speak for Blackguard) showing up, picking up their buses and heading to Atlanta to start the tour is not true either, considering that there was concern over whether Leaves Eyes would still play ProgPower in light of the Kamelot tour being canceled (as they were only added to the bill once they were confirmed for the tour, they weren't originally on the PP lineup), but they talked with Glenn and were re-confirmed. So they didn't show up at PP just to find out that tour wasn't happening, which is what that statement makes it sound like.

So I'm also going to be taking his specifying Roy's illness with a grain of salt.