The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Fixed.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post

Yeah. I was for quite awhile during the Mindcrime II era, but I just couldn't handle the tone over there. They basically clamp down on anybody not agreeing with their consensus in all sorts of crazy ways...

The reason I was kicked out is because I outed his wife (who at the time wasn't identified as such, but basically agreed with all his posts so he could go, "See!") Other people he's banned include his college roommate (among other friends)

You really can't get a more distorted view of Queensryche "fans" than you can from The Breakdown Room.
It is pathetic that he had to have a secret account for his wife to post with. Do you think he just posted with it or do you think she just posted in total agreement? And it is extremely hilarious that you spilled the whole thing. I bet that caused some serious uproar on the boards.

But yeah, that place is bizarre. I have only gone there 2 or 3 times, but I have left there shaking my head every time.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
It is pathetic that he had to have a secret account for his wife to post with. Do you think he just posted with it or do you think she just posted in total agreement? And it is extremely hilarious that you spilled the whole thing. I bet that caused some serious uproar on the boards.

But yeah, that place is bizarre. I have only gone there 2 or 3 times, but I have left there shaking my head every time.
Oh she was definitely posting in total agreement. I knew all along it was his wife, but it was getting out of hand. After I spilled it, he relayed this dramatic story of Internet stalkers and how she had to hide to protect herself, but I sincerely doubt the veracity of the claims since after my outing they've never hid who she is and she is, well... still posting.

It is bizarre. Just looking at the rules over there is frightening. You should probably consult a lawyer before you agree to post there.

Are you still in the QR fan club? I let my membership lapse a long time ago... But I am thinking of going to see Queensryche in Chicago in October, mostly because I like the set list. Not at all interested in the cabaret...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
Oh she was definitely posting in total agreement. I knew all along it was his wife, but it was getting out of hand. After I spilled it, he relayed this dramatic story of Internet stalkers and how she had to hide to protect herself, but I sincerely doubt the veracity of the claims since after my outing they've never hid who she is and she is, well... still posting.

It is bizarre. Just looking at the rules over there is frightening. You should probably consult a lawyer before you agree to post there.

Are you still in the QR fan club? I let my membership lapse a long time ago... But I am thinking of going to see Queensryche in Chicago in October, mostly because I like the set list. Not at all interested in the cabaret...
Yes, I am still in the FC. The perks are worth $25 to me. The set list for this tour is very cool, but I am boycotting the whole cabaret thing. I can't believe how lame that is. I would love to see the set they are playing, though, if I could catch it at a non-cabaret show. But I will be in St. Louis that night for the Roger Waters tour anyway. Easy choice there.

I still love American Soldier, by the way.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Yes, I am still in the FC. The perks are worth $25 to me. The set list for this tour is very cool, but I am boycotting the whole cabaret thing. I can't believe how lame that is. I would love to see the set they are playing, though, if I could catch it at a non-cabaret show. But I will be in St. Louis that night for the Roger Waters tour anyway. Easy choice there.

I still love American Soldier, by the way.
Yeah, honestly, I got a lot of value out of the FC... including M&G passes, so no complaints there. I usually just forget to renew and then get distracted. The only reason I'm not boycotting is because I'd love to hear "Promised Land" live, basically. And because like four of my friends want to go, and they're pretty indifferent on the cabaret issue But yeah, I don't blame you on the whole Roger Waters tour... I'd like to go see him in Cleveland, but I don't think I can afford the tickets I'd like right now

I like American Soldier a lot too. It translated pretty well live imo. The date I caught in Chicago last year was pretty good.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Concert Veteran

New Queensryche album?