Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm not sure why some have such a hard on for Get Inside?.
It's just a song people like what they like guess we just have to deal with it if we think differently.That was one of the songs off the first album I wanted them to play. Get Inside is a song that can get the crowd going and it makes a good set closer. I saw them close with it in 07and it was fine.

It was a good show. Halestorm, Stone Sour and Disturbed all did well. I wouldnít know how A7X did because I didnít watch their set. I don't listen to or care for A7X that much but I would think they would do more from City Of Evil isnít that the album that got them big and made them well known to everyone.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Hmmm, I think they left out Bat Country because of what the lyrics mean, its about someone commiting suicide, and since the Rev's passing, they probably felt they wanted to drop it in favour of the newer stuff since thats in tribute to the Rev, whereas Bat Country kinda pours salt in the wound that he's gone. But thats just my theory. I don't mind anyway I've already seen them play a greatest hits set with the Rev, so I'm most looking forward to the new stuff.

Get Inside, however, I do not understand, they have three albums, an hour is enough time to play every popular song from them. I do hope this is rectified when I see them in London on Halloween.
Great point. I always assumed it was a tribute to the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but lyrically I see what you mean now. The movie was about taking drugs to an obsessive level so I'm sure that has something to do with them not playing it.

I hope time heals those wounds and they go back to playing it at some point. I'm not a huge fan by any means but I really dig that song, especially live.

As far as Get Inside it's probably the Stone Sour song most like Slipknot to me. Definitely Top 3.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Slipknot didn't do Wait & Bleed or Left Behind on the first Mayhem fest in 2008. I didn't know Get Inside was that big for them. I always thought Bother was the song that sold the album. At least here in the US it was. Just like how Through Glass helped their second album sell well here.
Didn't know they dropped wait and bleed, well anyway the point still stands, if you watch the making of the last album they point out it got the ball rolling, its what started them moving forward, like unholy confessions by Avenged, it was the first song to get them big airplay an shiz. Bother would've really put them on a high with a radio friendly hit. However, I never quite understood why Bother ss listed as 'Corey Taylor' on the Spider-Man soundtrack, off-topic, but its always confused me!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
But on a positive note atleast you didn't title the thread as something like: "uproartour,8-22-10,buffalo"
The title may have been edited before you read it.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Didn't know they dropped wait and bleed, well anyway the point still stands, if you watch the making of the last album they point out it got the ball rolling, its what started them moving forward, like unholy confessions by Avenged, it was the first song to get them big airplay an shiz. Bother would've really put them on a high with a radio friendly hit. However, I never quite understood why Bother ss listed as 'Corey Taylor' on the Spider-Man soundtrack, off-topic, but its always confused me!
I can honestly say i've never heard Get Inside played on the radio before. But they played the shit out of 'Bother' when the album came out. I have no clue what Unholy Confessions is from A7x as i'm not a fan of theirs at all. Even if I don't like a band I can usually understand why they're popular but with A7X it completely boggles my mind as to why they're as popular as they are. It was cool to see Mike Portnoy trying to help out the musically less fortunate during their show though

Asylum is a good opener for Disturbed's show but the impact of it being the opener was lessened by the fact that not a lot of people know the song yet. Once the album comes out that should change though.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 AM
N00B

I'm going to the show tonight in Toronto. I've seen Disturbed twice i t he last 2 years, and while I like them, i'm mainly going for Stone Sour who I haven't seen since 2007 when they opened for Evanescence.

I think the dissapointment in playing Get Inside wasn't because it's a huge hit (although they made a video for it that got some rotation on MTV, MuchMusic, etc.), but because it's a concert staple for them, albeit after only 2 major tour cycles. Or it could be because there aren't any songs from the self titled album in the set at all.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
The title may have been edited before you read it.

Touche my friend...Touche....

Sadly "Bother" is what sold the album here in the US and damn near everywhere else. However I do think "Get Inside" is what sold it more for the diehards that didn't care for Bother that much and maybe slightly resented that the song was so bigh. It was a great opener like they did in '02 when the album was just released and it was a great closer around '07 when their next album came out. It just seemed to work w/ 30-30/150 as opener and Get Inside as the closer. I enjoy Get Inside the most on that first album but yes there are several other quality tracks they haven't done in awhile off that new album.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity
Avenged Sevenfold not playing Bat Country is fucking awesome. Definitely their worst song ever. Yeah, even worse than Scream.
Pretty dead on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
first off, great review. and sadly it seems like Avenged has pretty much forgotten city of evil and waking the fallen besides the 2 songs they have been playing on this set which is a shame. more of a possibility to hear songs when they headline but u wont get any rarities. possibly Chapter 4 off of Waking the Fallen.
If they're going to play songs from City of Evil (in my opinion, their weakest album overall), they should be playing The Wicked End, Strength of the World or M.I.A. In any case, they're supporting a new album with a relatively short set. Sort of anyway. Their sets are always short. When headlining, they play for like an hour, which is kind of lame.

They should've played I Won't See You Tonight pt. 1 in honor of The Rev.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

I just saw Uproar in Holmdel, NJ last night. Some people there were saying that it looked like M. Shadows wasn't actually singing and that it was prerecorded. I didn't notice anything that would make me believe that did anyone else? Not a fan of this band anyways but that would piss me off.

Tags
avenged sevenfold, disturbed, halestorm, stone sour