Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

American Carnage -- Bonner Springs, KS -- August 23rd, 2010

Every band on the bill last night had played Kansas City within the last year, but by the bands performances and the crowd reaction, you'd think it was the first time in twenty years.

Testament opened the show while it was still light out, but they whipped the crowd into a frenzy. Chuck Billy is the only guy, metal or otherwise, that can get away with looking so cool playing a mic stand like a guitar. Alex Skolnick also played for the crowd and showed off just what an incredible guitar player he is. I wasn't sure he was playing with Testament on this tour, but I was so glad to see him up there on that stage shredding. It was great to hear songs like "Dog Faced Gods" and "Practice What You Preach", but "D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)" still reigns as one of the best Testament songs ever recorded! They need to come back and headline very soon. 9/10

Setlist:

For The Glory Of...
More Than Meets The Eye
Dog Faced Gods
The New Order
Trial By Fire
Practice What You Preach
D.N.R (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days In Darkness
The Formation of Damnation

After a near-perfect concert at the Beaumont club last December, everyone was salivating for more Megadeth. The only let-down of the show were Dave Mustaine's vocals on some of the songs. Don't be afraid to let the beast out, Dave! Other than that, the music was spot-on and it was so much fun singing along with all of Rust In Peace. Chris Broderick was probably the most talented guitar player on that stage last night, and it showed during one of my favorite guitar solo's of all time for the song "Tornado Of Souls." He hit each note perfectly. Highlight of the set was Five Magics. It sounds fantastic live. They also brought out Vic Rattlehead to rouse the crowd during Dawn Patrol. Best Halloween costume ever! 9.5/10

Set:

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris
---------------------------------
Trust
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars (reprise)

During Slayer's set at Mayhem Fest last year, the soundboard got fried which resulted in horrendous sound for the band and ultimately gave us a ruined set. Karma was in full swing tonight, because Slayer sounded spot-on through their whole performance. I was on the left side of the stage, but I could still hear all of Kerry's guitars, as well as Jeff's. Tom came over and played to our side as well, a few times. The pits were huge and vicious the entire time Slayer was on stage. Every song, even the World Painted Blood openers, sounded loud and clear on stage. The best songs were the cuts off of Seasons In The Abyss that I thought I'd never hear live, such as "Hallowed Point", "Skeletons Of Society" and even "Temptation." Throwing in "Aggressive Perfector" at the end of "Raining Blood" was the best surprise I've ever gotten. My neck was sore, blood was on the ground, people are still screaming as they walk to their cars. Yep, Slayer played. 10/10

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Blood Red
Spirit In Black
Expendable Youth
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
Skeletons of Society
Tempation
Born of Fire
Seasons In The Abyss
-----------------------
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Aggressive Perfector
Angel of Death
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Yep, Slayer slayed. 10/10
Fixed.

Good christ I hope this hits Europe at some point!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
the wicked path

Boner Springs.
25-27 Jun: Graspop?
5-7 Aug: Wacken Open Air
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM
N00B

I was so upset that I missed this! Megadeth is a classic favorite of mine that has never disappointed me and I've never seen them live. Yesterday was a very hard day for me
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altmer7989 View Post
Boner Springs.
I had a huge metal boner last night fer sure.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

I want Testament

Anthrax sucks

Glad you had a good time though. It seemed like people haven't been too fond of Slayer on this tour, so a 10/10 was a nice surprise.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I hope we get Practice...
Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I want Testament

Anthrax sucks

Glad you had a good time though. It seemed like people haven't been too fond of Slayer on this tour, so a 10/10 was a nice surprise.
Wut?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altmer7989 View Post
Boner Springs.
I bet the sex shops there have some creative names.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:57 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Damn you beat me to the first post of this!!! Yep couldn't have said it better myself. This was my first Testament experience. Why the hell it took me so long is beyond me but I'm just glad I finally got to see them. Alex Skolnick slayed for sure. After reading about Chuck's mic-stand air guitar it didn't do it just for the amazingness it was.

I probably enjoyed Megadeth the most out of all 3 bands. I forgot alot of those great songs that are on Rust In Peace. The highlight for me was probably "Take No Prisoners" from their set. I've given up getting mad about hearing "Trust" & "A Tout Le Monde" because they are obviously never getting out of the set so I have learned to accept it. Sound was absolutely perfect. Absolutely love the "Black Sabbath" opener they come out to. Ellefson got almost as much applause from the crowd as Dave did when he came out.

I can agree on the disapointment of the Slayer sound at Mayhem last year. Worst sound I had ever heard. Not Slayer's fault but it was just unfortunate. Sound was 100x better last night for sure. The one thing that was slightly disapointing was how Tom's not able to hit some of the higher notes/screams that he used to and he just left them out. I'm not trying to be negative about it b/c they were still amazing last night but some of that was kind of sad. I guess I just can't accept the fact that Slayer is beginning to get older. Maybe I'm the only one who picked up on this or even said anything, I don't know. That was only thing I noticed that bothered me. That being said, I enjoyed all of Season's probably more than I thought. Finally getting to hear "Skeletons Of Society" was pretty great for me. Might have preferred "South Of Heaven" a little more but can't go wrong either way. Show was just amazing top to bottom. Best show I have seen in quite awhile. And thank god for the bootleg t-shirt guy in the parking lot after the show!!!!

Link to pics from the show, some of the best I've taken in awhile. Manks I was on left side as well. Not sure we might have even been fairly close, I don't know: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=4a8f61a553

Tags
megadeth, slayer, testament