Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Anyone every heard of Fight Amp?
I have. They are a sludge / doom band from Jersey who are signed to Translation Loss (where IntrOnaut also used to be signed, hence the connection), and they're putting a new album out soon (a split with Kowloon Walled City and Ladder Devils). What I've heard of them has been pretty decent. They are really sludgy with some pretty heavy bottom end at times (although nowhere near as heavy a bottom end as IntrOnaut ). They also have a fairly strong punk edge to a lot of their stuff as well. I think they'll be a pretty good fit on this ticket. I wouldn't mind seeing them live - I have a feeling I might grow to like them more.

IntrOnaut will knock your fucking socks off, though. I suggest familiarizing yourself with their material somewhat before going - it will make the live experience even better, I think. I suggest starting with their latest album Prehistoricisms and working your way backward.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I have. They are a sludge / doom band from Jersey who are signed to Translation Loss (where IntrOnaut also used to be signed, hence the connection), and they're putting a new album out soon (a split with Kowloon Walled City and Ladder Devils). What I've heard of them has been pretty decent. They are really sludgy with some pretty heavy bottom end at times (although nowhere near as heavy a bottom end as IntrOnaut ). They also have a fairly strong punk edge to a lot of their stuff as well. I think they'll be a pretty good fit on this ticket. I wouldn't mind seeing them live - I have a feeling I might grow to like them more.

IntrOnaut will knock your fucking socks off, though. I suggest familiarizing yourself with their material somewhat before going - it will make the live experience even better, I think. I suggest starting with their latest album Prehistoricisms and working your way backward.
Sweeet. Yeah I noticed IntrOnaut doesn't play much if anything off Void. I really dig Monolithic Vulgarity and the instrumental at the end. I bought Prehistoricisms last year (probably off of your list or recommendation) and liked it but never really got into it. Recently my ipod randomly grabbed The Reptilian Brain and totally blew my mind. The King Crimson and Tool influence was incredible. The more I listen to that cd I love it. I'm really looking forward to this show now. Someone on facebook sent me a link to a new track Elegy which is great too. I'm glad the new cd will be out by the time I see them. Would still love to hear something off Void but I'm guessing the odds are 5% at best...

Glad to hear about Fight Amp too. They should fit that bill nicely then. I saw the cd on ebay but the song titles and short song times had me thinking someone like Amen or something.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Dates:

13 Oct
Cleveland, OH
Peabody's
Fuckballs. This falls on the same night as Triptykon / 1349 / Yakuza at another smallish club not too far from Peabody's (i.e., The Grog Shop). I think I'm gonna have to end up waiting a little longer to see IntrOnaut again.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-20-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Fuckballs. This falls on the same night as Triptykon / 1349 / Yakuza at another smallish club not too far from Peabody's (i.e., The Grog Shop). I think I'm gonna have to end up waiting a little longer to see IntrOnaut again.
I liked seeing Intronaut, but I'm not going to run and go see them any time soon, and wouldn't dare skip Triptykon for them.