Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Mayhem Fest -- Oklahoma City, OK -- August 14th, 2010

Ok this will be more of a review than anything else as the setlists as far as I could tell were the same things. After spending first 2 Mayhems in KC I'm obviously assuming this one will be like all others, such as: Metal Mullisha, 2 side stages... Stuff like that. The Zoo Amphitheatre doesn't have a whole lot of room for 2 extra stages, so 2nd stage was setup just a little bit away from mainstage. Then it hits me that there are no room for 2 side stages so apparently In This Moment & Atreyu got to play on the main stage. Every other side stage band played on the smaller stage. It was more than a little cramped.

The big middle finger of the day is that in between songs the bands are not allowed to SWEAR. Fucking seriously? My only thought is b/c this is right by the OKC zoo nobody is allowed to swear b/c of families around? Thats the only logical thing I can think of. Zombie said the fine was $2,000 each time it occured. Wow.

Moving on... Jager band was pretty lame, no idea who they were. Norma Jean is not worth my time either so I skipped them as well.

Figured I would give Winds Of Plague a shot. Not bad, not my thing either. Made it probably 3/4 through there set and then went to cool off.

Finally time for Shadows Fall. Easily one of the best crowd responses of the day. My first time seeing them in probably 4-5 years. Great pits. I really love the Bark At The Moon cover as well.

3IOB were up next. Crowd seemed kinda dead for them which was a shame. This bad just rules plain and simple. Pretty hilarious hearing a frontman having to ask everybody if they are having a good "friggin" time. That has to be so embarassing having to watch what you say like that. 3IOB were amazing as usual.

Ignored In This Moment on the mainstage. I keep thinking they will get better yet they never do. I've pretty much given up on them at this point.

Then my reason for coming was finally on... Chimaira. They slayed just like they always do. First time getting to hear Black Heart & Pleasure In Pain so that was very nice as well. Mark told us right before Pure Hatred this will probably be the last time we see them for awhile as they will be off to work on a new record. Figured they would have got a little more out of the touring cycle for The Infection than they did. Also they made all t-shirts $10 so that was easy decision for me.

Atreyu was on mainstage and I did all I good to ignore the fact that they were playing. Nothing nice to say so why say anything at all?

Hatebreed then closed out the mainstage and they easily got the best reaction of any sidestage band of the day. Breath of fresh air b/c there weren't too many of the flat-billed hat, tap out shirt wearing bros for them so it wasn't too bad. Jamey def knows how to get the crowd going.

Thanks to security running out of wristbands I was able to use the VIP pit pass my friends bought and was able to get into the Pit even though my ticket was just general admission. Skipped FFDP b/c really I've had about enough of those guys. Sadly not many shared my same feelings.

Lamb Of God was great. I was very disapointed not to get Ruin or Contractor. That's the only way it would have been better. Still it was very solid. I didn't know that Paul Waggoner of BTBAM replaced Mark for the last 3 dates of the tour. Guess I wasn't paying attention b/c it didn't hit me till the end. No wall of death for Black Label. Very sad, oh well.

Rob Zombie was just absolutely amazing. The stage was just out of control. For anyone who didn't go you would just have to see my pictures b/c I can't really describe it. Zombie said he didn't care about being fined for swearing, he said that luckily he has the money to do so. Caught guitar pic from one of John 5's guitar tech before Zombie came out. Hoping for his fall tour w/ Cooper he switches his set up at least a little bit.

Caught about 4 songs from Korn. I was amazed so many people stayed after Zombie's set. That 3 hour drive back home was just not worth going to stay for all of Korn's set but I enjoyed what I did hear though.

*Final Thoughts* I was hoping that w/ it being last day of the tour there would be other people from other bands singing songs w/ other bands or pulling pranks on other bands while on stage, kinda surprised but oh well. The no swearing thing was the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I've heard it seeing shows in small places but never a national tour like this. Still enjoyable, hoping they do KC next year however. Link for my album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=dc4af7e557
Old 08-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Bobb O)))

that "swearing" garbage is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever heard of. holy fucking shit, what a bunch of cunts.
10/4-Melvins
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
that "swearing" garbage is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever heard of. holy fucking shit, what a bunch of cunts.
This
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Zombie said he didn't care about being fined for swearing, he said that luckily he has the money to do so.
Wow, what a chump. I wouldn't pay 2,000 dollars to say 'fuck' even if I was rich.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Wow, what a chump. I wouldn't pay 2,000 dollars to say 'fuck' even if I was rich.
It's not surprising there was someone who thought "I'll be the cool one and swear anyway!". That's how I see it, at least. I agree that the whole no swearing thing is stupid (although I've heard of it happening before), but what do you have to prove by swearing anyway? Just play your music - that's what the crowd is there for.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
N00B

Is the no swearing thing during the entire performance? Or just in between songs when you're not playing and just talking to the crowd?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

It was just inbetween song banter they apparently weren't allowed to do so. It was fair game if it was in the songs.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

That swearing thing is really stupid. That's really cool that Paul from BTBAM played with Lamb Of God I would have loved to see that.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
It was just inbetween song banter they apparently weren't allowed to do so. It was fair game if it was in the songs.
Ah ok. That's not SO bad then. I mean it's lame, but really, it's pretty easy to control yourself during those 30 second chats between songs. The Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto has a similar thing with the swearing I think, but i've heard swearing during the songs themselves so that's what I was wondering.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Pretty hilarious hearing a frontman having to ask everybody if they are having a good "friggin" time.

almost kind of like the August Burns Red singer. I guess he's hardcore christian and doesn't believe in it, cause he never said fuck once during their entire set