Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie tour

This tour is coming an hour away from where I live, and considering that I live in the middle of nowhere, that's pretty fucking close. Since the majority of shows that I go to are death metal shows, I've been wanting to break up the monotony a little bit. So I ask those of you who attended the first leg: is it worth it?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
This tour is coming an hour away from where I live, and considering that I live in the middle of nowhere, that's pretty fucking close. Since the majority of shows that I go to are death metal shows, I've been wanting to break up the monotony a little bit. So I ask those of you who attended the first leg: is it worth it?
do it. rob zombie is fucking amazing live, and although i've never seen cooper i'm sure he is too.
10/4-Melvins
Old 08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I saw Alice Cooper at the KS state fair in 2008 and he was awesome. He really is a performer and his stage show alone is worth the price of admission, but he has some damn catchy songs as well.

I'd go, because Rob Zombie is great too.
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 08-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

another vote for go, even though I am most likely letting it pass due to werk constraints and other shows i've already penned into my calendar.

i have seen Cooper twice, once at a local festival, and once as the headliner (the only liner actually), and not only does he keep his backing band tight, he's quite the showman.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Cooper was great last year in Richmond. I'd like to go to the Gruesome Twosome in Roanoke but I don't know if I'll have the money.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Go. Rob Zombie is one of the best performers I have ever seen. I haven't seen Alice Cooper but I have heard he is quite the showmen and I am sure he is amazing live.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Alice is always worth going to. Zombies show sucked when I saw him in may.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 AM
N00B

Go

I seen them a couple of months ago, I was nervous about going since their crowd is crazy insane but I'm really glad I went, definatly a good show and definatly worth it!!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Concert Veteran

It's worth going for Cooper alone. Zombie has gotten all this praise for his show on this tour but I honestly didn't see it when I saw the Gruesome Twosome in May. Zombie's show was alright but it wasn't anything special and nowhere near as great as a lot of people are building it up to be on this board.

When I saw Zombie tour with Ozzy in 2001 his show blew Ozzy's away and was a hundred times better than what he did when he tried to follow Alice Cooper this year.

Maybe the venue I saw the show in didn't allow Zombie to set up and do his full show? Either way it was an average performance and Zombie and his band looked like they'd rather be anywhere else than performing that night. There was zero heart or feeling in the performance.

Cooper on the other hand you always get the impression he loves what he's doing and he's playing specifically for you alone. Most important though is that Cooper gives a shit unlike Zombie.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It's worth going for Cooper alone. Zombie has gotten all this praise for his show on this tour but I honestly didn't see it when I saw the Gruesome Twosome in May. Zombie's show was alright but it wasn't anything special and nowhere near as great as a lot of people are building it up to be on this board.

When I saw Zombie tour with Ozzy in 2001 his show blew Ozzy's away and was a hundred times better than what he did when he tried to follow Alice Cooper this year.

Maybe the venue I saw the show in didn't allow Zombie to set up and do his full show? Either way it was an average performance and Zombie and his band looked like they'd rather be anywhere else than performing that night. There was zero heart or feeling in the performance.

Cooper on the other hand you always get the impression he loves what he's doing and he's playing specifically for you alone. Most important though is that Cooper gives a shit unlike Zombie.
Pretty much everyone who went to Mayhem would disagree with you on the Zombie comments. At my date he was laughing, cracking jokes, and in an all-around great mood. Far from acting like he didn't give a shit. And his stage show was definitely the biggest and most extravagant of any band to play the festival.

I've never seen Cooper so I can't speak for how he compares to Zombie, but it seems as if you just got him on a bad night....