Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
Decent set, if short. Needs AIR, Lone Justice, and Among the Living.
This, word for word.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I think it's a bad set because those are the only songs they ever play.
Exactly. If Scott Ian wants to tour with Metallica so bad, maybe he should take a cue for them and play songs no one has heard in 20 years. And Heaven & Hell? As if they don't have enough cover songs in their set.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Exactly. If Scott Ian wants to tour with Metallica so bad, maybe he should take a cue for them and play songs no one has heard in 20 years. And Heaven & Hell? As if they don't have enough cover songs in their set.
Puh-leeze. You a big fan of the originals of Got the Time and Antisocial or something? I think to most metalheads, those are just Anthrax songs at this point, and good ones at that.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:42 PM
N00B

If they were opening for another band they could get away with such a short set. I'm going to be seeing them on the American Carnage tour so I hope they keep Medusa and I am the Law (My two favorite Anthrax songs) I do agree that the covers need to go. Maybe throw in with Lone Justice, Gung Ho, and Keep it in the family.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Puh-leeze. You a big fan of the originals of Got the Time and Antisocial or something? I think to most metalheads, those are just Anthrax songs at this point, and good ones at that.
It's just when I think about what I've heard those are the two weakest songs from those albums, there is so much better stuff they could be playing. Ok they played Be All, End All along with Antisocial, so I will let the hook off just a smidge. But Got The Time? Over Intro To Reality/Belly Of The Beast? Discharge? Time ? Got The Time maybe a "hit" but it's a hit no one gives a shit about.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
It's just when I think about what I've heard those are the two weakest songs from those albums, there is so much better stuff they could be playing. Ok they played Be All, End All along with Antisocial, so I will let the hook off just a smidge. But Got The Time? Over Intro To Reality/Belly Of The Beast? Discharge? Time ? Got The Time maybe a "hit" but it's a hit no one gives a shit about.
I had no idea that was the consensus on Got the Time, honestly. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Love the bass, love the chorus, just generally love the song, and would imagine that it translates awesome to a live arena, just like the comparable Wrathchild does.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I had no idea that was the consensus on Got the Time, honestly. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Love the bass, love the chorus, just generally love the song, and would imagine that it translates awesome to a live arena, just like the comparable Wrathchild does.
You also never answered my text, chump.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
You also never answered my text, chump.
I don't have any from you right now, but if you texted me last night, I have no memory of it. Things got a little out of hand.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I don't have any from you right now, but if you texted me last night, I have no memory of it. Things got a little out of hand.
I texted you almost an hour ago when I was at tracks because I couldn't decide between Pure Holocaust or Traced In Air.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I texted you almost an hour ago when I was at tracks because I couldn't decide between Pure Holocaust or Traced In Air.
Huh. Yeah, I definitely never got that. I would have said Traced in Air. Looks like you went with Pure Holocaust.

Tags
anthrax