Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
generic breakdowns.
wat is this i don't even
Old 08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Here is a quick review.

Got to the show around 3:40. I ran to the door thinking I was going to miss Vital Remains. Thankfully The Palladium had put 1 local band on the main stage prior to the Summer Slaughter tour package. The local band was playing their last song when I got in. They sounded like a mix of The Faceless(instrumentally) and Arsonists Get All The Girls(vocally).

Anways onto the Summer Slaughter tour package. The New England Death Metal legends Vital Remains took the stage. These dudes know to put on a great show. The crowd was going absoultely apeshit during their set. One of the best performances of the day for sure.

Animals As Leaders was also great. A nice change of pace on a strictly extreme metal tour and the crowd was into them for a most part.

I hate Carnifex and thankfully the Over The Limit tour was playing upstairs. The only band that I liked on the whole tour was Arsonists Get All The Girls but I figured any band on that bill is better than Carnifex. When i got upstairs Thick As Blood was playing. They are pretty much a very average version of Hatebreed. At least middle of the road hardcore is better than shitty ass Carnifex.

Looked at the merch while Decrepit Birth was setting up. Pretty much every band has great designs and the merch is pretty cheap for every band. Onto the Decrepit Birth they were pretty good. I am not a fan on disc but their material sounds a lot better live and I am glad I watched them.

Celphalic Carnage is fun as hell live. They go absoultely ballistic and they have great banter. The new songs sound really good I don't remember the names of the new ones but they are about smoking weed and watching Star Trek,chronic masturbation and killing.

Veil Of Maya is a severely underrated band. Their new album (id) is great. The thing is with Veil Of Maya is they are good live but they are better on album for sure.

The local heroes from Revere,Massachusetts The Red Chord were on next. The Red Chord never fails to deliver live. They put on amazing show every time and they look are having the times of their lives on the stage. Guy Kozoywk(spelled that wrong for sure) is a whirlwind on stage and he was so excited to be in front of the hometown crowd. He was out and about all day talking with fans. The Red Chord is truely a class act and a fantastic band.

All Shall Perish is a band that is so much better live than they are on disc it is scary. I like them on disc but live they are 100x better. Sure they have some pig squealing and breakdowns but the guitarwork is fucking fantastic. All Shall Perish is a band that reminds me that deathcore can be done write when in the right hands. Met the singer right after their set as well really nice guy. Great performance and I will most likely see them next time they come around.

The Faceless was one of the reasons for me to come to this show. They are one of my favorite bands right now and imo the best tech-death band to emerge in quite some time. This was my 2nd time seeing them and they are fucking great live. Derek Rydquist is a monster of a vocalist. Michael Keene hit every one of his solos to perfection. Tied for the best show of the day with The Red Chord.

Like I mentioned earlier I had to miss Decapitated and that killed me. Hey I had to make a small sacrifice for my friend not a really big deal. He drove me there and I know he wanted to see Decapitated as well but he wanted to see his girlfriend on her birthday so I gotta respect that. I do love Decapitated and I am sure they will tour again and I make damn sure that I am there when do.

Great fucking show and If this is coming to your city go. With the exception of Carnifex there is not a weak band on the bill and I think every extreme metal will go home happy after this show.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 08-02-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
The Conjuration of Vengeance

About Decapitateds merch, how many shirts they got?any good designs?
i know they are $25
Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tteotd666 View Post
About Decapitateds merch, how many shirts they got?any good designs?
i know they are $25
They have 2 shirts and a hoodie. Most of them are pretty standard with just a Decapitated logo on the front.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

I still regret not going to the first two Summer Slaughter tours

Tags
all shall perish, animals as leaders, cephalic carnage, the faceless, the red chord, veil of maya, vital remains