Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
N00B

Bad Company -- Atlanta, GA -- July 25th, 2010

Bad Company, while not a metal band to me still a hard rock band from the 70's so I figured there may be a few people on here who may dig this.
The venue was Chastain Park, a smaller ampitheater just north of Atlanta. The venue is located in a more high scale residential area, which already make for an odd rock concert setting. Ad to It the park allows you to bring in food and drink, as many did, but it was mostly the cheese, wine and cracker variety. yeah, I know really weird for a rock show. I expected an older crowd but not all that.....
As for Bad Company I was shocked with how good they still are. I dig all the 70's early 80s stuff with Paul Rodgers but lost interest once he left. Never got a chance to see them with Paul and I figured this is my last chance as they are all early mid 60s and don't really tour.
All three surviving members are still there along with Howard Leese of Heart on second Guitar and the bass player from Paul's solo band who name escapes me. Simon Kirk was in fine form and nailed all his drum parts as they were 30 years ago. No slower tempos, no short arrangements, straight up as it was back then. Mick Ralphs played well, but it was good that Howard is there to fatten up the sound and he took the more complex solo parts on about a third of the songs.
Now on to Paul. I can't say enough about how well this man sang. I was in complete shock as he tore through the 15 song set with ease. Not a good performance for a guy 60+, a killer vocal performance flat out. He hit all the high notes, melody lines, didn't drop keys and didn't pull anything out of his vocal lines like Vince neal or ozzy where they only sing part of the words. Add to this playing piano and guitar as well as running around the stage like a guy half his age it was easily one of the best sounding shows I have seen in well over 300 concerts. Again, complete surprise.
They played about hour and a half.

setlist in order.

1. Can't get enough
2. Honey child
3. Running with the pack...........
4. Burning Sky........
5. Oh Atlanta. only night they played this, Paul said they worked it up for this show...
6. Seagull
7. Gone, Gone, Gone....
8. Simple Man
9. Electric land........ again.. awesome surprise.
10. Feel Like Making Love
11. Shooting Star
12. Rock n Roll Fantasy
13. Movin' On

Encore:
14. Ready For Love
15. Bad Company....
Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 PM
things are more than just what you see

nice review, thanks for sharing! pretty good set too.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
N00B

Running With The Pack is such a great tune!
I thought the drummer died?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 PM
N00B

No drummer is alive and kickin', Boz Burell The bass player died a few years back.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 AM
N00B

Ah, Paul Rodgers is the man. Saw him w/ Queen a couple years back. Wish Bad Company would do a "homecoming" show.

Tags
bad company