Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,303
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
When I'm 40, I wanna be Lemmy.
Lemmy is like 60!

@jhdeity: this thread title is appropriate. because you are mad. you are a carnival...of madness.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
That's cool. I have an Avanti with twin 540's but the moters are a bitch to maintain.
Well, you've certainly got me crushed in terms of horsepower and speed, but I wouldn't want to have your fuel, dockage or maintenance bills. Mine's getting some semi-major I/O work done right now, the mooring cover needs to be replaced, and there are a few problems in the engine compartment, too - I was gonna bitch about that until I read your post, but now I no longer have the heart to do so.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Lemmy is like 60!

@jhdeity: this thread title is appropriate. because you are mad. you are a carnival...of madness.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
But when he was 40, he probably had around 1000 of his 2000 chicks, and he played metal!
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Well, you've certainly got me crushed in terms of horsepower and speed, but I wouldn't want to have your fuel, dockage or maintenance bills. Mine's getting some semi-major I/O work done right now, the mooring cover needs to be replaced, and there are a few problems in the engine compartment, too - I was gonna bitch about that until I read your post, but now I no longer have the heart to do so.
I live way too far from the Great Lakes for my taste. When I get done with school I'm gonna try to move to a city bordering one of them, preferably Cleveland, Chicago, or Toronto if I can swing it.

EDIT: Let's just make this thread about boating. Much less hurtful.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,303
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
But when he was 40, he probably had around 1000 of his 2000 chicks, and he played metal!
i bet when lemmy was 40 he had banged like 1900 chicks.

he's only gotten 100 since then.

Because of the wart.


BYUAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Well, you've certainly got me crushed in terms of horsepower and speed, but I wouldn't want to have your fuel, dockage or maintenance bills. Mine's getting some semi-major I/O work done right now, the mooring cover needs to be replaced, and there are a few problems in the engine compartment, too - I was gonna bitch about that until I read your post, but now I no longer have the heart to do so.
Yeah I live on the water and have a lift. My buddy owns a marina so 2 of the 3 I have covered. $350 to fill the tanks last time. BRUTAL! hahaha
__________________
1/28 - Machine Head
3/3 - Hell Yeah
3/31 - Coal Chamber & Filter
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
$350 to fill the tanks last time
I'm not even slightly surprised. This is exactly why I have made the conscious decision that I do not need to go 90 MPH on the water. I only need to do 35 to slalom ski (maybe 40 if I start trying to learn to barefoot like I keep threatening to do one of these years), and the fish will still be there whenever the fuck I get there...I'm in no hurry.


EDIT: Cannibal Corpse called and said they give up - your fuel bill is more brutal than they are.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:03 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I'm not even slightly surprised. This is exactly why I have made the conscious decision that I do not need to go 90 MPH on the water. I only need to do 35 to slalom ski (maybe 40 if I start trying to learn to barefoot like I keep threatening to do one of these years), and the fish will still be there whenever the fuck I get there...I'm in no hurry.


EDIT: Cannibal Corpse called and said they give up - your fuel bill is more brutal than they are.
hahaha. yeah when i'm crusing 55-60 I get decent mileage. 80-90 I can actually watch the needle go down.

Last year we had one of those flying tubes that are illegal now. How we didn't all wond up in the hospital is beyond me. I had sore ribs for a week.
__________________
1/28 - Machine Head
3/3 - Hell Yeah
3/31 - Coal Chamber & Filter
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
hahaha. yeah when i'm crusing 55-60 I get decent mileage. 80-90 I can actually watch the needle go down.

Last year we had one of those flying tubes that are illegal now. How we didn't all wond up in the hospital is beyond me. I had sore ribs for a week.
Anybody who is crazy enough to get behind a boat like yours in an inflatable of any kind deserves all the cracked / sore ribs they get.

A boat having twin screws alone is a deal-breaker for me to get out there on a tube, not to mention twin 540's. Quite frankly, I would rather pull people behind my boat and wreck them into the water than be the one getting launched anyway. I dislocated my shoulder a few years ago on a wakeboard, and it's still a bit fucked up to this day. I like my watersports to have some modicum of control on the part of yours truly, thanks. I mean, you can still crash pretty hard on a board or a ski, but your likelihood of crashing is directly proportional to how hard you're pushing yourself and indirectly proportional to your skills (both of which you can control), and generally not subject to the whim of a sadistic driver.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Anybody who is crazy enough to get behind a boat like yours in an inflatable of any kind deserves all the cracked / sore ribs they get.

A boat having twin screws alone is a deal-breaker for me to get out there on a tube, not to mention twin 540's. Quite frankly, I would rather pull people behind my boat and wreck them into the water than be the one getting launched anyway. I dislocated my shoulder a few years ago on a wakeboard, and it's still a bit fucked up to this day. I like my watersports to have some modicum of control on the part of yours truly, thanks. I mean, you can still crash pretty hard on a board or a ski, but your likelihood of crashing is directly proportional to how hard you're pushing yourself and indirectly proportional to your skills (both of which you can control), and generally not subject to the whim of a sadistic driver.
Very true. I do 40-45 when driving with my friends tubing. I told my buddy I wanted to fly and I was literally 20 feet in the air with him going 55 mph. I thought I was going to die. He slowed to 35 and I crashed down then flew off backwards. It would have been the best youtube video ever. Needless to say I know why those things are illegal now.

I've found tubing off a jetski is more fun anyway. Crazier turns and flips. I respect your for boarding and skiing though. Never tried either but looks like a shitton of fun.
__________________
1/28 - Machine Head
3/3 - Hell Yeah
3/31 - Coal Chamber & Filter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
10 years, carnival of madness, chevelle, puddle of mudd, sevendust, shinedown

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008