Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Thanks man. I had a hard time getting into the music after Sevendust so I made the best of it. After seeing Fear Factory and Mayhem in the last week it was hard sitting through some of the music so we all got crazy. Some people just don't get it I guess.

I had a great time and thought people would want to know that it's a cool show to go to for the scenery alone. Some people are just miserable trolls and glass half empty people. Sad...
The only bad I have any interest in seeing is Sevendust. Luckily this tour is not coming here, so the next time Sevendust comes to town will hopefully have a better lineup.

Chevelle isn't bad, but they keep writing the same damn album all the time. Puddle Of Mudd was better off playing the County Fairs and staying dead. 10 years blows, and Whinedown..is exactly that. Hopefully that will happen to their career as well. People calling them the new Lynyrd Skynyrd makes me sick.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The only bad I have any interest in seeing is Sevendust. Luckily this tour is not coming here, so the next time Sevendust comes to town will hopefully have a better lineup.

Chevelle isn't bad, but they keep writing the same damn album all the time. Puddle Of Mudd was better off playing the County Fairs and staying dead. 10 years blows, and Whinedown..is exactly that. Hopefully that will happen to their career as well. People calling them the new Lynyrd Skynyrd makes me sick.
Yeah the good news is Sevendust said they're planning a huge headlining tour after CoM. I'd rather see them in a club playing a full set with a decent opener. Songs like Bitch, Black, Trust, Xmas Day & Alpha need to be played.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Yeah the good news is Sevendust said they're planning a huge headlining tour after CoM. I'd rather see them in a club playing a full set with a decent opener. Songs like Bitch, Black, Trust, Xmas Day & Alpha need to be played.
That is great news. The one thing that does suck that Sevendust's biggest venue they play in Minnesota, closed down last week *which also sucks a lot for me because my band, Shattered was just starting to get a huge following there* so They will have to find a new venue for the time being. but either way if they come here, I will be at that show.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Anybody else kinda creeped out by this thread?
I'm not creeped out really. Looks like he had a good time. If he got a couple phone numbers out of it thats great. I just think its funny that he's bragging about something that anyone else can do at one of those concerts. Walk up to a half drunk girl and ask if she wants her picture taken with you. Work done. Not difficult.
On the other hand, what disturbs me are these horrible festival lineups this year. They get worse and worse.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
For Jackie-O not to find Hooker Fishin' or Just the Tip? funny just shows what a weirdo he is.
That really isn't funny at all to be quite honest.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Chevelle isn't bad, but they keep writing the same damn album all the time.
Not really. Did you listen at all to the last one?

Shinedown played every song off of Sound of Madness except for Cry For Help when they played here in February, so I'm glad it's not the same shit. I would have preferred more from Leave A Whisper, but oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing them, they are a class act and always put on a great show.

I'm also sad that Sevendust is only playing 7 songs, but I got this set from them in May:

Splinter
Alpha
Denial
Enemy
Trust
Suffocate
Pieces
Xmas Day
Angel’s Son
Unraveling
Hero
Forever Dead
Black
Driven
Ride Insane
Bitch
-----------
Praise
Face to Face
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper

Last edited by JLRedWing13; 07-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:47 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Not really. Did you listen at all to the last one?
The one with Jars? I only ever heard Jars, and the other single. I haven't really given it a chance. If it's worth it, I'll check it out. I'll give any album at least once chance.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
The one with Jars? I only ever heard Jars, and the other single. I haven't really given it a chance. If it's worth it, I'll check it out. I'll give any album at least once chance.
Yeah, Sci-Fi Crimes. I think it's good. At the very least, I don't think it suffers from the "same old album" problem you're talking about.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Yeah, Sci-Fi Crimes. I think it's good. At the very least, I don't think it suffers from the "same old album" problem you're talking about.
Well to be fair the last album I listened to is Vera Sera. I'll give it a shot. I do like Chevelle in small doses. This could be one I could get into.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Sounds like you had fun dude! Hafta say this thread produced some laughs haha, also, this line up doesn interest me at all, only two bands I would want to see are Shinedown and PoM, and even then I would rather headline shows.. but hey, some summer lovin' and a few beers, regardless of the bands, cant complain bout that!

Tags
10 years, carnival of madness, chevelle, puddle of mudd, sevendust, shinedown