Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
1) I've lived in Ohio for 20 years and I have never been to Cedar Point.
Not that I want to get this thread off-topic, but I think you've got to remedy that situation sometime soon, bro. I mean, don't get me wrong - I hate waiting in line more than just about any other form of torture I can imagine, and having to do it with some of the biggest goofballs in society (i.e., the American general public) makes it even worse - plus, the weather was hot as balls. However, Cedar Point really is one of the premier thrill parks in the country - and for that matter, the entire world. That Dragster is an absolute mother fucker of a ride - I mean, it accelerates you to around 120 MPH in less than four fucking seconds . So are the Millennium, Maverick and Maxair (the "three M's", as I like to call them), and a bunch of other stuff, too. I can only force myself to go about once a year, but I always have a blast when I do (and now that I have kids, I think that number will probably be going up)

tl;dr: It's worth the pain, but mainly because it's one of the best coaster parks in the entire world.

Quote:
2) Howl's set was good. I wasn't underwhelmed in the least. They really know how to get your head banging.
I figured as much. I can't wait to see them live. They are one of the best new bands on the scene, IMO.

Quote:
Headliners get thread titles even if you don't have their set, I'm pretty sure. Also, SBL played before Howl, even if the set lengths make it look like the opposite happened.
I'm pretty sure you're right - I just had to bust your chops. I'd be willing to bet they played a very similar set to what I heard last spring, probably with some extras thrown in because they had a longer set time. Last time, they played:

Omniscient
Machine
Negative Reversal
Below the Cusp
Lightning in His Hand
Chronosphere
The Sapphire Falcon
Red Tide
Five Daggers
Storm Shadow

...and I'm betting they may have thrown in some favorites such as "Thrown From Great Heights", "El Equis" and "Swords for Teeth" this time.

Quote:
SBL played before Howl, even if the set lengths make it look like the opposite happened.
The set lengths do make it look that way, but I fully expected that SBL would be on first, because HOWL is on the entire tour, but SBL is only for selected dates.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-28-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Sounds like a great time Brad, hated the fact I missed this show. How was parking? How was the turn out? Did you buy any merch?

Also, you really need to go to Cedar Point sometime it's one of the best Amusement Parks in the world. If you like roller coasters you'll be in heaven.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Sounds like a great time Brad, hated the fact I missed this show. How was parking? How was the turn out? Did you buy any merch?

Also, you really need to go to Cedar Point sometime it's one of the best Amusement Parks in the world. If you like roller coasters you'll be in heaven.
Parking was a cinch, just parked on a sidestreet near some student houses - honestly, the entire area is just student houses with a couple random business like a laundromat and a convenience store, then Cafe Bourbon Street and The Summit. The turnout wasn't bad for a tiny bar like that, I'd say there were 75 people or so, maybe more if people left between acts. I didn't buy any merch unfortunately, just didn't wanna spend the money.

And as to Cedar Point, fellas: I live an hour from Kings Island, and three from Cedar Point. It just hasn't happened because the closer (and cheaper) option is still a lot of fun. That being said, I haven't even been to KI in over two years.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
And as to Cedar Point, fellas: I live an hour from Kings Island, and three from Cedar Point. It just hasn't happened because the closer (and cheaper) option is still a lot of fun.
Well, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. KI isn't too bad. I like The Beast and Vortex especially.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Parking was a cinch, just parked on a sidestreet near some student houses - honestly, the entire area is just student houses with a couple random business like a laundromat and a convenience store, then Cafe Bourbon Street and The Summit. The turnout wasn't bad for a tiny bar like that, I'd say there were 75 people or so, maybe more if people left between acts. I didn't buy any merch unfortunately, just didn't wanna spend the money.

And as to Cedar Point, fellas: I live an hour from Kings Island, and three from Cedar Point. It just hasn't happened because the closer (and cheaper) option is still a lot of fun. That being said, I haven't even been to KI in over two years.
That's good parking is sometimes one of the biggest pains in the ass at shows (before OSU built the parking garages on High Street across the street from The Newport it was hell!

That makes sense but, you still need to visit "The Point" sometime.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't stop thinking big

The Point > KI. There's such a great variety at CP.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper

Tags
howl, struck by lightning