Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
We're dying on the inside

Wait, why can't I wear a baseball cap to a metal show?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Wait, why can't I wear a baseball cap to a metal show?
Well, don't wear a flat brim one. That's what I assumed he meant, because those are the only hats I see at shows... and who wears them? Karate kids.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Well, don't wear a flat brim one. That's what I assumed he meant, because those are the only hats I see at shows... and who wears them? Karate kids.
I don't have any flatbilled caps, and yeah, I do kind of associate the wearing of them with douchebaggery, but I do wear baseball caps just about every day and I don't understand how that could impede someone's enjoyment of a metal show.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I don't have any flatbilled caps, and yeah, I do kind of associate the wearing of them with douchebaggery, but I do wear baseball caps just about every day and I don't understand how that could impede someone's enjoyment of a metal show.
He did mean the flat billed douchebag ones.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Uno Champion since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
On multiple occasions I have almost gone to a Lamb of God show, but I still haven't seen them. I'm not a big fan of them, but I do think a few of their songs are really good. Seeing them live would probably be a lot more fun.

I agree. Although, if it is legitimately hot then I don't mind shirtless people. Except when you're stuck behind an insanely fat guy with the hairiest back imaginable...
I agree somewhat. I mean, I understand if its an outdoor show, but if you're in a packed venue or in the pit, leave that shit on. I also forgot a couple very important things.

E.) People who when they see a band take the stage, take that as their signal to push everyone in front of them as HARD as they can towards the stage.
F.) Crowdsurfers. If you kick me, I will wail on your kidneys, fucker.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantangler View Post
B.) Wear a Bandana
C.) Jump up and down in place
i wear bandanas at shows, but only outdoor shows with grass so i don't inhale dust. what's so bad about that? but i don't see a point in wearing them in indoor venues.

and what's so bad about jumping at a show?
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
A.) Wear a ballcap
B.) Wear a Bandana
C.) Jump up and down in place
D.) Take off your shirt
Quote:
E.) People who when they see a band take the stage, take that as their signal to push everyone in front of them as HARD as they can towards the stage.
F.) Crowdsurfers. If you kick me, I will wail on your kidneys, fucker.
I almost always wear a bandana these days, but it's purely to help keep the sweat out of my eyes - same reason I wear it when I work out. If I don't wear a bandana, then I'm probably wearing a hat (but not with a flat bill). I've certainly been known to jump up and down, but not continuously like the guys in the House of Pain video for the song "Jump Around" or anything. I rarely take off my shirt anymore, but I've been known to do so when the situation warrants. I have definitely crowdsurfed in the past, but nowadays I would crush people so I don't bother anymore. Back when I did it, the crowd was big enough to justify it, and they were expecting it, so there wasn't an issue. The only thing on the above list I haven't done is E., but that's because I'm usually already up front.

...and yet, having commited all of the above "infractions", I consider myself to be the quintessential non-douchebag concert-goer. I'm helpful, friendly and polite (unless someone gives me a reason not to be). So what have we learned here today? Same thing I always say:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FUCKING CONTEXT.

In other words, it's not so much about what you do, it's mostly about the manner in which you do it.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
N00B

None of those are as offensive as smelly teenagers not wearing deodorant
Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I think the only members of bands that should be allowed to wear bandanas must be in Saint Vitus.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 07-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Uno Champion since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I almost always wear a bandana these days, but it's purely to help keep the sweat out of my eyes - same reason I wear it when I work out. If I don't wear a bandana, then I'm probably wearing a hat (but not with a flat bill). I've certainly been known to jump up and down, but not continuously like the guys in the House of Pain video for the song "Jump Around" or anything. I rarely take off my shirt anymore, but I've been known to do so when the situation warrants. I have definitely crowdsurfed in the past, but nowadays I would crush people so I don't bother anymore. Back when I did it, the crowd was big enough to justify it, and they were expecting it, so there wasn't an issue. The only thing on the above list I haven't done is E., but that's because I'm usually already up front.

...and yet, having commited all of the above "infractions", I consider myself to be the quintessential non-douchebag concert-goer. I'm helpful, friendly and polite (unless someone gives me a reason not to be). So what have we learned here today? Same thing I always say:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FUCKING CONTEXT.

In other words, it's not so much about what you do, it's mostly about the manner in which you do it.
I have no problem with the actual articles of clothing. I have no problem with functional accessories. I have a problem with the vast majority of people who wear those things because they think they make them cool. Its kind of like an Affliction t-shirt, you see those and your brain goes "DOUCHEFAG". As for jumping in place, if you absolutely HAVE to do it, do it somewhere where you aren't going to elbow someone in the jaw. As for the shirt, if you are not outdoors or taking it off to wrap it around a bullet wound, there is no excuse. And crowdsurfers.... those are just something I will have to accept will never go away no matter how much I hate them. I'll just have to look on the bright side. I mean, hey, I get to punch someone who can't do anything about it. I know there are concert goers that aren't douche bags, I'm just exceptionally angry at the inconsiderate Kansas City crowds.

Tags
3 inches of blood, hatebreed, lamb of god