Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon-- Worcester, MA-- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The problem is not one of personal discretion, because just about everyone here has that. Obviously no one posting here is mindfucked enough to believe that lady Gaga is remotely metal in any way/shape/form. I've been here long enough to realize how this trend works. Every year or two, something comes along that is blatantly un-metal, and a small group of people (usually led by Brad, no offense) latches onto it, and for some stupid fucking reason they just insist on turning it into this big "open-mindedness" war, which it just doesn't need to be. It's not that they're trying to claim it's something it's not, it just turns into this stupid: "Well let's stick it to those close-minded ass holes who only like metal" war which is just about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.
Yeah, because it's all about you. We "open-minded" folks just love to sit around and think of ways to piss you off, because we don't have anything better to do.


EDIT: Hey Brad, I think they're finally getting hip to our plot to change the entire world into open-minded music lovers!
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, because it's all about you. We "open-minded" folks just love to sit around and think of ways to piss you off, because we don't have anything better to do.


EDIT: Hey Brad, I think they're finally getting hip to our plot to change the entire world into open-minded music lovers!
I wasn't talking about me specifically in any way. When this stuff happens it becomes a number of people vs. a number of other people.

Last edited by Maiden33; 07-19-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
I would make massive changes to the extreme metal section.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I wasn't talking about me specifically in any way. When this stuff happens it becomes a number of people vs. a number of other people.

The again, I'm not really expecting you to know exactly what I'm talking about, being that you've only been here less than a year and a half.
When I said "you" it was the proverbial "royal 'you'" that I was using, but you went ahead and assumed it applied to you and you alone, which is precisely what you often do. So even though I meant "you close-minded ass holes who only like metal" when I posted my comment, you took it personally as per usual. Go figure. Because like I said, it's all about you. We're all out to get you, you know. We really are. You should just make good on your repeated threats to leave and just do it one of these times.

...or have I not been here long enough to have read at least two of those?

Puh-lease. That was the weakest argument I've seen from you yet.

That all you got?
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-19-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The problem is not one of personal discretion, because just about everyone here has that. Obviously no one posting here is mindfucked enough to believe that lady Gaga is remotely metal in any way/shape/form. I've been here long enough to realize how this trend works. Every year or two, something comes along that is blatantly un-metal, and a small group of people (usually led by Brad, no offense) latches onto it, and for some stupid fucking reason they just insist on turning it into this big "open-mindedness" war, which it just doesn't need to be. It's not that they're trying to claim it's something it's not, it just turns into this stupid: "Well let's stick it to those close-minded ass holes who only like metal" war which is just about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.
You know for once I agree with you 100%.

That said I like Lady Gaga more than most of the music here so I don't really care, but if this is metalsetlists she along with Blink 182, Ben Folds and whatever else is always posted here doesn't really belong. Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,319
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Blink 182, Ben Folds.
hey fuck you buddy
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
hey fuck you buddy
Hey, I said 'oh well'.

They are clearly not metal though.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,319
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Hey, I said 'oh well'.

They are clearly not metal though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brErUo3exDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6behx...eature=related

get out ho!
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008