Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-18-2010, 08:35 PM
N00B

Warped Tour -- Oceanport, NJ -- July 18th, 2010

Oh man, what a fun but exhausting day. I left my house around 9:45ish, went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and bagels and got to Monmouth Park Racetrack around 10:30ish, gates were open so we went right in and got the set times.

I was treated to a pleasant surprise because Andrew WK played at 11:10;
I haven't seen him since 2002, I think, and he's one of those guys you gotta see when he's around because he's just awesome live. I was so pumped that he started the day of awesome. 8/10
It's Time To Party
Girls Own Love
You Will Remember Tonight
She Is Beautiful
Tear It Up
Ready To Die
We Want Fun
I Get Wet
Party Hard

After that I headed over to the other side of the park for some disappointment.... Emmure. What can I say that hasn't been said, it's true they have good energy and they get the crowd going but their music is terrible. I caught the first 3ish songs but my friend stayed the whole time and got the set. 2/10
I Thought You Met Tully
Sound Wave Superior
Sunday Bacon
False Love In Real Life (I left half way through this song)
Bars In Astoria
Tales From The Burg (end chant)
R2 Deep Throat (I can't believe I actually have to type this out...)
10 Signs You Should Leave
When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong

After that I did some stage hopping to kill time before the next band I wanted to see.
I caught some Reel Big Fish and I don't like ska but they were really fun. These are the songs by them I caught. 5/10
Thank You For Not Moshing
Enter Sandman
The Set Up (You Need This)
Your Guts (I Hate 'Em)
She Has A Girlfriend Now (left after this song)

Then I caught a really shitty band Pierce The Veil. It's my friend Tom's fault because his girlfriend loves them. They sucked, I saw like 3 or 4 songs then left. 0/10

Then I kinda chilled for a little bit, got a water, sat for like 10 minutes. Mostly just conserved energy for the band I wanted to see at 1. The Dillinger Escape Plan! Holy shit these guys were amazing. This was my first time seeing them and I was blown away. Some awesome music, a lot of energy and great stage presence, these guys were the full package. There weren't even a lot of ninja fighters during their set which was nice. 9/10
Panasonic Youth
Milk Lizard
43% Burnt
Room Full of Eyes
Chinese Whispers
Good Neighbor
Sunshine the Werewolf
Farewell, Mona Lisa

After them I decided to cool it for a little bit. Sit in the shade, drink water, check out some merch. Then sometime after that I made my way to Altec stage at 2:00 to see Whitechapel. Wow, thats all I have to say. These guys were savage. Now I do love Whitechapel and I was so happy to finally get to see them. The pits were intense, they had a lot of energy on stage, they were just so good. 9.5/10
Of Legions
The Darkest Day of Man
Possession
Vicer Exciser
Eternal Refuge
Breeding Violence
Prosthetic Fluid Asphyxiation
This Is Exile

After that we walked around. I caught Attack Attack at 2:55 only because all my friends were there and it was between them and Bring Me The Horizon and I refuse to see that shitty fucking band. However if anyone cares my friend Steve told me what they played because he is a hug fan. Set may be slighty out of order. 3/10
Smokahontas
Renob, Nevada
Hot Grills And High Tops
Dr. Shavargo Pt. 3
Stick Stickly
The People's Elbow
Sexual Man Chocolate

right after them I went to one of the small stages to see like 10 minutes of an awesome band called The Casualties. I could only catch the first 10 minutes of their set but man they were awesome. 8/10

Then I had to book back to the Altec stage at 3:45 for Suicide Silence. Another really good set from a band I like a lot. Intense pits, good energy, that seems to be the theme for today. A lot of No Time To Bleed songs so they didn't play Bludgeoned or Girl of Glass but it was still awesome. 8/10
Wake Up
Lifted
Smoke
Revelations
Unanswered
Disengage
No Time To Bleed
No Pity For a Coward

Then I caught Parkway Drive at 4:35. They were really good. I only knew like 3 songs they played but now I wanna listen to them a lot more. I'll definitely get their new cd and try to see them again. 7.5/10
Samsara
Unrest
Idols and Anchors
Romance is Dead
Sleepwalker
Dead Man's Chest
Carrion
Boneyards

After them I had about an hour and a half to kill before the last band I wanted to see so I saw like 15ish minutes of Eyes Set To Kill. They weren't too bad, the girls are hot and the guy screamers were alright. 4/10
I didn't see a lot of bands at all in that period of time. I saw like 2 Set Your Goals songs and they suck so I bailed on that.

Finally, at 6:30 I saw the last band I wanted to see, Every Time I Die, and they were uh-may-zing. They were definitely the highlight of the day for me. Great band playing great music, pits were awesome, they played most of my favorite songs. They were the perfect way to end my day at Warped tour. They switched up the set a little bit on this half of the tour, they finally took out the Nirvana cover. 10/10
No Son of Mine
The Marvelous Slut
Ebolarama
The New Black
Who Invited The Russian Soldier?
Floater
Apocalypse Now and Then
Cities and Years
Bored Stiff
We'rewolf

All together it was a pretty good year. This was my second year going to warped, last year wasn't that good. I'm definitely going next year to have another great time.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman101 View Post
Every Time I Cry
More like it.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodcurse View Post
More like it.
you're freakin' hilarious.

btw good review. gets me more stoked to go to Warped again the 2nd time this year.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Tags
andrew wk, attack attack!, emmure, every time i die, parkway drive, reel big fish, suicide silence, the dillinger escape plan, whitechapel