Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I'm not normally the bragging type but Mayhem Fest will be so much better as I won one of the VIP tickets for the OKC show so for once I can go give ticketbastard the finger and not have to pay them shit. For the thousands of dollars I've given them, this feels pretty good!!!! *Bragging is now over* I do feel for those having to give into them for Mayhem.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
power ranking of the Mayhem bands this year:

Norma Jean
Rob Zombie
3 Inches Of Blood
Chimaira
Hatebreed
Shadows Fall
Korn
In This Moment
Lamb Of God
Five Finger Death Punch
Winds Of Plague
Atreyu

I'd only pay to see the first 3
EPIC FUKKIN FAIL! 3IOB are boring as all hell live. 2 decent songs. Rating them over Hatebreed, LOG and Chimaira just proves total ignorance. I guess the Flaming Lips are more metal than Hatebreed too right? buahahahahaha
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
EPIC FUKKIN FAIL! 3IOB are boring as all hell live. 2 decent songs. Rating them over Hatebreed, LOG and Chimaira just proves total ignorance. I guess the Flaming Lips are more metal than Hatebreed too right? buahahahahaha
Saying 3IOB is boring live is like saying SLAYER is boring live. It's about the music, not the 'oh i can jump around, look at me, hurr durr'
Old 07-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

3 Inches Of Blood is great live boring is actually one of the last words I would use to describe a 3IOB performance.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 06:05 AM
We're dying on the inside

3IOB were great live back in '07 but pretty lousy last year. It's that new album, it sucks the life right out of their performance.

But mank's list is pretty accurate, except I wouldn't pay money for anyone except Rob Zombie on the whole fucking failure of a festival. I literally laughed when I saw the bands announcement back whenever that was. KoRn? What year is this?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Norma Jean is fucking gay and 3 Inches of Blood used to be good. Rob Zombie and Lamb of God will be good shows. Korn will be entertaining.

That is all.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
EPIC FUKKIN FAIL! 3IOB are boring as all hell live. 2 decent songs. Rating them over Hatebreed, LOG and Chimaira just proves total ignorance.
I would love for someone to explain how liking 3IOB live more than LOG, Chimaira, or Hatebreed is IGNORANT...

Having seen 3IOB, Hatebreed, and LOG atleast twice each, I absolutely agree with ranking them above HB and LOG in...well, not just live, but everything else. Of course, I haven't seen them since 07 so I don't know how they've been recently, but I enjoyed them quite a bit both times I saw them.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Swag 100,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I would love for someone to explain how liking 3IOB live more than LOG, Chimaira, or Hatebreed is IGNORANT...

Having seen 3IOB, Hatebreed, and LOG atleast twice each, I absolutely agree with ranking them above HB and LOG in...well, not just live, but everything else. Of course, I haven't seen them since 07 so I don't know how they've been recently, but I enjoyed them quite a bit both times I saw them.
Idk...I've seen 3IOB twice, which doesn't do justice I know, but both times were...rather meh, maybe because I'm not too big on their music. I've seen Hatebreed 3 times, and LOG 5, and I can say that both absolutely destroy live. Especially 2007 and earlier
Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Family Guy fucking sucks.

It's the Lamb of God of adult cartoons.
Family Guy > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
he bashes on one of the best post-hardcore albums of all time /teehee
Is that what they call deathcore now?
Burn, and double burn.

Family Guy is still teh shit (and you know how old I am), and Norma Jean is post-hardcore bordering way-too-close-for-comfort on deathcore.
(although it wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard in my life, I'll admit)
Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post

I've seen 3IOB twice also. 1st time they were the 1st opener in 07 and were pretty good. The ungodly high vocals got to me after a few songs but they had stage presence and there was some real energy there. Music was dated but I like 80's sounding stuff.

The last time I saw them in 09 they played way too much stuff off the newest cd which was so repetative and monotonic that I was bored as hell and walked out to hang with the smokers. I came back in for their 2 best songs at the end and the drummer literally looked like he was asleep. The singer stood in the same place, never moving and I pretty lost all respect for them as a live band. They would be WAY down my list of those bands.

That's my take. Even if you don't like Hatebreed, Jamey Jasta is a great frontman. Dude is going nuts and really getting the crowd into their performances. Shaking hands, making eye contact, getting people screaming along and really raising the energy level through the roof. Same with LOG, Chimaira & Shadows Fall. All great live bands with great frontmen.

It's not even close dude...

Tags
3 inches of blood, atreyu, chimaira, five finger death punch, hatebreed, korn, lamb of god, rob zombie, shadows fall, winds of plague