Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
I think the whole hour special thing is so that he can kind of..well how should I put this..still be liked by some in Cleveland. I think he's going to announce his signing with Miami, but make most of the special about how much he enjoyed Cleveland and etc. But no matter what he does, unless he says tonight that he's staying in Cleveland, a vast majority of people will look down on him.
Actually the 1-hour special is because ESPN threw $1.5 mil at him to do it. If he was returning to Clevelend the show would be filmed there and they would throw a huge party afterwards. Apparently TNT offered $1 mil and Bron's people went to ESPN and got $1.5 mil.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Actually the 1-hour special is because ESPN threw $1.5 mil at him to do it. If he was returning to Clevelend the show would be filmed there and they would throw a huge party afterwards. Apparently TNT offered $1 mil and Bron's people went to ESPN and got $1.5 mil.
That is probably a contributing factor as well, but with this hour, I don't think he is just going to be talking about "Oh yeah, Miami will be great!", I think it will mostly be about Cleveland.

And like Nat said, who knows, we could be wrong.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
All I'm saying is wait until he makes a move before you start your guns blazing. If you're ultimately correct about this, it's not like it takes a rocket scientist to see it coming, as it's one of the likely scenarios. If it doesn't play out that way, then you look like an idiot. I'm just saying hold your horses, son. There'll be plenty of time for whining and bitching after the announcement.

...and as far as the ego thing goes, I somewhat agree with you there, but then again we haven't seen what the special is going to be. What if it turns out to be some kind of heart-felt message? How will you feel then?

Finally, regarding your comment about the 56 of the last 70 hours being spent discussing LeBron or whatever - I have no idea where you're getting your numbers but regardless of how much time the media devotes to him, it isn't under his control what they decide to cover. He may enjoy all the hype and use it to his advantage, but first of all, he isn't in control of it, and secondly, wouldn't you do the same thing if you had the opportunity? Be honest, now...
Dude, I'm not hating on him for cashing in at all. I just hate how the three of them went about it. It's collusion. Plain and simple. Collusion is cheating to me and if it's this bad now it's only going to get worse in future years. The NBA is officially ruined to me. It's players colluding to make as much money as possible and squashing all the small market teams.

Sorry Nat but any chance Cleveland ever had of winning anything just flew out the window. Once Chris Bosh said he would play ANYWHERE with Lebron except Cleveland it was over Bro. Just sayin'
Old 07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I can't stop thinking big

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

http://www.freep.com/article/2010070...ase-end-it-now

With that, I suggest we get talk about that egotistical douchebag out of what was an awesome Slayer discussion thread.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

http://www.freep.com/article/2010070...ase-end-it-now

With that, I suggest we get talk about that egotistical douchebag out of what was an awesome Slayer discussion thread.
Well Said. I for one am grateful Slayer are doing these full album tours. I never heard anything about them doing Seasons so I will travel if I have to just to catch it.

More bands need to do this. Slipknot's not my favorite band but to see their s/t cd in it'e entirety would be awesome. South of Heaven would be incredible. If Overkill did Taking Over or Years of Decay I'd be right there too.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Doing albums in full is the trend right now. Priest, Crue, Megadeth, Slayer, Cynic....
Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Face The Slayer

This has probably been said before, but I really think Mayhem doing all of De Mysteriis would be very special.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
British Steel would like a word with you.
British Steel comes in 3rd place. Heaven & Hell comes in second.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Heaven & Hell comes in second.
Now you've gone too far.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
British Steel comes in 3rd place. Heaven & Hell comes in second.
No and no.

Tags
slayer