Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
AND you care just enough to post on this thread.
Ooh, I've not seen that tired excuse for some time! Retro!

No, I don't care even remotely about the question because it's pointless. What i cared about expressing a view on was how dumb the thread is. The actual question is largely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
Ok sir literal it's not meaningless and no we don't know if this EVEN goes on but that doesn't make it meaningless
And you're right here, it's not that we don't know that makes it meaningless. It's that you could substitute absolutely any big band's name into the first part of the question, absolutely any smaller-band-with-a-bit-of-success's name into the second part, and still not have anything to discuss.

What other people have brought up, which is far more relevant, is what the big four actually think of each other, because there's an actual relationship there. Not the point of the thread at all, even if you want to try to claim that's the discussion you were trying to inspire, but a far more reasonable tangent nonetheless.

And on that subject, I doubt Slayer and Megadeth think they're better off than Metallica. They may believe they've produced better music over the same period, but all three bands are in the same position with regards to the obligation to play hits in their sets, but Metallica get to do it to more people in more places and make more money, and there's no delusion Slayer or Megadeth can have that would make them feel better off than that.

Anthrax are of course nowhere near any of them, and are probably the most realistic of the four anyway, so probably don't have any delusions of grandeur at all. Which is why Scott Ian happily whores himself out to any sniff of a "super group" occasion he can get his hands on, even if he has to play bass like he did with Rob Zombie, Slash and Ace Frehley.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Last edited by ravenheart; 06-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I return to the cem-e-te-ryyy

I'm amazed this thread has more than one post.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Ooh, I've not seen that tired excuse for some time! Retro!

And you're right here, it's not that we don't know that makes it meaningless. It's that you could substitute absolutely any big band's name into the first part of the question, absolutely any smaller-band-with-a-bit-of-success's name into the second part, and still not have anything to discuss.

What other people have brought up, which is far more relevant, is what the big four actually think of each other, because there's an actual relationship there. Not the point of the thread at all, even if you want to try to claim that's the discussion you were trying to inspire, but a far more reasonable tangent nonetheless.

And on that subject, I doubt Slayer and Megadeth think they're better off than Metallica. They may believe they've produced better music over the same period, but all three bands are in the same position with regards to the obligation to play hits in their sets, but Metallica get to do it to more people in more places and make more money, and there's no delusion Slayer or Megadeth can have that would make them feel better off than that.

Anthrax are of course nowhere near any of them, and are probably the most realistic of the four anyway, so probably don't have any delusions of grandeur at all. Which is why Scott Ian happily whores himself out to any sniff of a "super group" occasion he can get his hands on, even if he has to play bass like he did with Rob Zombie, Slash and Ace Frehley.
Ok first you're welcome for the retro thing, you seem to have enjoyed that. And second, I'm not trying to claim anything if it was my intent. You took it in a direction I knew would happen from someone. But having said that I do think you bring up a lot of valid opinions. Hell my band "headlined" an open mic night and we though we were hot shit cos we were the only band on the bill; referring to your bigger and smaller bands comment. Whatever. Enjoy your life.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicist View Post
I'm amazed this thread has more than one post.
hey me too