Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 AM
sheds on white

Anybody else think the Big Four have laughed at Sepultura?

Ok first things first, I absolutely love Sepultura and I'm not bashing them at all, I like Max's and Derek's respective eras just the same. It's like the Danzig/Graves eras of the Misfits, I love em just the same. But with Sepultura's dip in success(as far as the U.S. goes and somewhat in other places) and Soulfly's numbers in success, do you think the Big Four, most of whom have played and toured with Sepultura; do you think any members (probly Mustaine ) have laughed at Sepultura's losing of Max and/or their success? Cos they kinda got left behind, they haven't been in the U.S. (as Sepultura not individually) since 12.22.2006 Pomona, CA - USA : The Glass House
Not trying to offend or bash anyone. Thoughts.

Last edited by davidis138; 06-29-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: typos
Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

whaaaaaaaaaaat?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

whaaaaaaaaaaat?
+1
Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 AM
sheds on white

If any members of the Big Four of thrash have laughed or made a comment or joke at the expense of Sepulturas success. Cos they were a big thrash band too who had a lot of popularity in the 80's and 90's but nowadays they don't get that much attention in the U.S. Where as the Big Four do and they get their own few dates, billed as the Big Four and it's huge news and it gets a movie. If you guys don't get it its cool i was just wondering.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Quien sigue?

i wouldnt say they might've laughed at Sepultura, but im sure they are aware of the issue youre pointing out... its kinda the same for other seminal thrash bands like death angel, hyrax exodus and testamnt that are not very well known (if at all) outside metal circles... i have yet to meet the exodus/testament bay area/old bridge militia fan that does not play an instrument to some degree of proficiency, what im trying to say is that it seems to me that unless youre genuinly interested on what these bands have to offer (musically and what not) common interest for these bands is relatively limited.

im sure Paul Di'anno has wished at some point he had straightened up before getting fired from Maiden, same as Mustaine or (kerry) King thinking of their firing from each respective band (metallica and megadeth respectively) as a great career move and blessing in disguise
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Concert Veteran

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is? Who the hell really cares if they ever made a joke about Sepultura? Sepultura had SOME popularity in the early 90s and that was it. I doubt any of the big four honestly give a shit either way about it.

Sepultura has never been nor will they ever be at the height of popularity the big four were in the 80s and early 90s. So, i'm not sure why their popularity wavering would even be a consern for them. Because they've already been there and have their own shit to worry about.

Also, except for Metallica, the other three have experienced the same thing as Sepultura in tems of declining popularity and album sales in the US. It doesn't make much sense for them to make jokes about a band going through that when they themselves have been going through it since the mid 90s.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Sepultura? I thought they broke up in 1996?

Oh wait, that's just when they started becoming a mockery of a once awesome band.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

The big four are called the big four for a reason. Why should the lack of success of another band be remarkable to them, when essentially there are no other thrash bands that come close to the level of success of those four...?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Face The Slayer

I thought they all died in a plane crash in 1993?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Weren't Sepultura much bigger in Central/South America than in the US anyways? I think their success is on a different scale than the Big Four, so I'm not sure there's a comparison to be made. Then again, I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.