Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Casualties? Awesome?
You know it
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:08 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
lulz. No one takes the bands with libery spikes and studded jackets seriously anymore, dude.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Magson13 Magson13 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
you haven't proved anything. i'm not defending Whitechapel at all, i could care less that you hate them and think they suck. but you're logic for saying it's a fact a band sucks is retarded. okay whatever, you think they suck, i think they're good. we're both different people so we have different music tastes.

and whether you like it or not deathcore and metalcore are considered metal no matter how "untr00 metal" you think they are.
You*
proven*
I'm*
I*
But*
your*
Okay*
I*
We're*
And*

Ya, you really passed English buddy.


I don't care about musical tastes. The fact is, they do not have skill. That's all there is to it.

No, they are not metal. Breakdowns are not metal, and that's all deathcore is. Dowtuned guitars, and breakdowns. That does not equate to metal.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
evildeadjedi's Avatar
evildeadjedi evildeadjedi is offline
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,887
Very little "metal" has been at Warped Tour even though there have been tons of different genres of music present.

Body Count (rap metal but with balls) I remember when they played a bunch of people were booing and Ice-T said "All y'all motherfuckers booin, you probably think Ice-T shouldn't be up on this stage. You think I don't know shit about punk rock, about heavy metal, but you know what? I did joints with motherfuckin' Slayer. I did a joint with The Exploited. So fuck you!" After that the crowd stopped booing it was classic! After that they played "There goes the neighborhood" and the place went ballistic.

Black Tide
Underoath (christian metal count?)
Limp Bizkit (nu)
Sevendust (nu)
Deftones (nu)
Godsmack (nu)
Every time I die (core)
Killswitch Engage (core)
Rollins Band (tough call)
Andrew WK (party)
Avenged Sevenfold (core)
Bullet for My Valentine (core)
Valient Thorr

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 06-28-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
lulz. No one takes the bands with libery spikes and studded jackets seriously anymore, dude.
Hey.....I wear a studded jacket....

As far as I'm concerned punk fashion isn't nearly as bad as wigger deathcore/glam metal/scene stuff, and is on par with the whole retro thrasher look. To be quite honest I don't care what they look like.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM
bobisdead911 bobisdead911 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoney Creek, ON, CA
Posts: 136
I'll be doing one similar to this, except with Dillinger, dont know why u didnt watch them, theyre amazing, dont know if they played. Figured ud be an Emmure hater too.
__________________
8/8 - I Declare War/Molotov Solution
8/9 - Summer Slaughter
8/13 - Blind Witness
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
You*
proven*
I'm*
I*
But*
your*
Okay*
I*
We're*
And*

Ya, you really passed English buddy.


I don't care about musical tastes. The fact is, they do not have skill. That's all there is to it.

No, they are not metal. Breakdowns are not metal, and that's all deathcore is. Dowtuned guitars, and breakdowns. That does not equate to metal.
yeah because i'm really going to type perfectly and capitalize everything that needs to be capitalized on a message board to prove to someone i don't even know that i can spell and write.

get your head out of your ass. deathcore and metalcore are subgenres of metal. they have hardcore influences so they have breakdowns. you're exactly like every loser metalhead on youtube that views bands they hate just to post a comment that says "this isn't true metal, this sucks, you kids don't know true metal."
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
I'll be doing one similar to this, except with Dillinger, dont know why u didnt watch them, theyre amazing, dont know if they played. Figured ud be an Emmure hater too.
they played the same time as Suicide Silence so i chose them instead. i'm not a fan of DEP but i was interested in seeing them. i'm going again in august so i'll watch them then if they don't interfere with any other bands i want to see. and yeah i do hate Emmure but they were the first band playing and my friends wanted to see them so eh might as well.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Magson13 Magson13 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
yeah because i'm really going to type perfectly and capitalize everything that needs to be capitalized on a message board to prove to someone i don't even know that i can spell and write.

get your head out of your ass. deathcore and metalcore are subgenres of metal. they have hardcore influences so they have breakdowns. you're exactly like every loser metalhead on youtube that views bands they hate just to post a comment that says "this isn't true metal, this sucks, you kids don't know true metal."
So you just expect everyone to believe you have an IQ higher than 85 because you say you do. Sure buddy.

Deathcore and metalcore may have stemmed from metal, but it is not metal. Just because something stems from something else, does not make them the same. It's called evolution. Or, in this case, de-evolution, since deathcore is lesser music than metal.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 06-29-2010, 01:49 AM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
So you just expect everyone to believe you have an IQ higher than 85 because you say you do. Sure buddy.

Deathcore and metalcore may have stemmed from metal, but it is not metal. Just because something stems from something else, does not make them the same. It's called evolution. Or, in this case, de-evolution, since deathcore is lesser music than metal.
you're trying way too hard to make me sound like an idiot. it's funny because i didn't insult you and then you started pulling out the grammer BS and calling me retarded. are you still in high school or what? as far as i know you can be 15.

okay whatever you're too stubbon to realize it's metal. whether how much you hate or how "untr00" you think it is, it's still metal.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkway drive, suicide silence, whitechapel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008