Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!
10/31-King Diamond
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock
Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
I'm not the one who decides whether a band is good or not. The band themselves decide based on how long they practice their instruments, how much time and thought they put into their songs while writing, and how much work they put into practice. When a band like white chapel spends two minutes writing a four minute song, they suck. When the product of their work is identical to every other deathcore band, they suck. When you look at their tablature, you can see that it takes absolutely no skill to play their music. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of evaluating their skill. And they lack all skill.

If they played at noon, then everyone still had energy at that time. Those scene and emo faggots simply do not know what a real wall of death is, because they've never been to a real metal show.
i'm probably gonna get shit for this but whatever.

i'll agree with you that most deathcore is shit, but i think Whitechapel is a great band. i'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you because it all comes down to opinion whether a band is good, not your BS skill shit. just because it's easy to play doesn't mean it's bad. so by your logic if something is easy to play and sounds identical to other bands it's shit right? i don't know what you listen but i could say the same about a lot genres. in my opinion A LOT of death metal sounds the same.

i'm not gonna waste my time arguing because it's pointless. in the end you're just gonna say they don't take any skill to play, they aren't true metal, and they suck. whatever, i get it. just get it through your head that everyone has different music tastes. and sorry if you weren't able to sleep knowing that i had such a fun time watching Suicide Silence and Whitechapel.

i'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but i'm just getting fucking fed up with metal elitists.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Banned Asshole

How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.

Last edited by Magson13; 06-28-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.
Funny true definitions for metal elitists from urban dictionary:

1:A person who believes their metal music is superior to other people's music. These people only listen to metal music and categorize metal through sub-genres. Some metal elitists are so wound up, that they tend to only listen to one type of metal sub-genre. Metal Elitists are usually found listening to underground metal bands and cut down other people's musical taste if it is not up to par with their own.
2:A rude metalhead who tells people they "aren't a real metalhead" or a calls them a "poser" because they dont like/listen that particular sub-gerne of metal. They put others down for their musical taste or if they don't like the same bands as them, they think they know what "real metal" is.

and i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks, i just find it funny how you say "oh no, it's a fact they suck, it's not an opinion, it's just a fact." and i also find it hilarious that you automatically assume i'm a scene kid for listening to Whitechapel.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
categorize metal through sub-genres.
Well, I guess that makes all of us elitists

Quote:
i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks,
Couldn't
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock
Hey I like some punk
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Funny true definitions for metal elitists from urban dictionary:
How official.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!
I feel extremly lucky seeing them back in '97. It seems they were in hiatus all the time. Milo was going to college or busy being a Research Biochemist. The other members renamed themselves "ALL" then the Descendants reformed for "Everything Sucks" then I believe after '97 Milo left again. Lavetta died in '08 and the living members are spread out all over the US.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WageSlave View Post
I just dont get why the fuck people take the time to negatively comment on these things. Do you really not have anything else to do but to hate on what shows people go to or what genre they consider a band? fuckin sad in my opinion, whatever cause Warped Tour is the shit and while we're having fun outdoors and moshing it up to our favorite bands, youre sitting in a basement somewhere.
Nah, we just don't go to festivals that suck.

Also, why does everyone seem to assume that everyone's computer is in their basement?

Tags
parkway drive, suicide silence, whitechapel