Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #61  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 PM
elturtleboy's Avatar
elturtleboy elturtleboy is online now
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California/LA
Posts: 3,384
Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!
__________________
10/3-Hooded Justice/InZaine
10/18-Body Count/Trash Talk?
10/23-Raven/Night Demon?
10/31-King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 AM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
I'm not the one who decides whether a band is good or not. The band themselves decide based on how long they practice their instruments, how much time and thought they put into their songs while writing, and how much work they put into practice. When a band like white chapel spends two minutes writing a four minute song, they suck. When the product of their work is identical to every other deathcore band, they suck. When you look at their tablature, you can see that it takes absolutely no skill to play their music. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of evaluating their skill. And they lack all skill.

If they played at noon, then everyone still had energy at that time. Those scene and emo faggots simply do not know what a real wall of death is, because they've never been to a real metal show.
i'm probably gonna get shit for this but whatever.

i'll agree with you that most deathcore is shit, but i think Whitechapel is a great band. i'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you because it all comes down to opinion whether a band is good, not your BS skill shit. just because it's easy to play doesn't mean it's bad. so by your logic if something is easy to play and sounds identical to other bands it's shit right? i don't know what you listen but i could say the same about a lot genres. in my opinion A LOT of death metal sounds the same.

i'm not gonna waste my time arguing because it's pointless. in the end you're just gonna say they don't take any skill to play, they aren't true metal, and they suck. whatever, i get it. just get it through your head that everyone has different music tastes. and sorry if you weren't able to sleep knowing that i had such a fun time watching Suicide Silence and Whitechapel.

i'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but i'm just getting fucking fed up with metal elitists.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Magson13 Magson13 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 854
How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.

Last edited by Magson13; 06-28-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.
Funny true definitions for metal elitists from urban dictionary:

1:A person who believes their metal music is superior to other people's music. These people only listen to metal music and categorize metal through sub-genres. Some metal elitists are so wound up, that they tend to only listen to one type of metal sub-genre. Metal Elitists are usually found listening to underground metal bands and cut down other people's musical taste if it is not up to par with their own.
2:A rude metalhead who tells people they "aren't a real metalhead" or a calls them a "poser" because they dont like/listen that particular sub-gerne of metal. They put others down for their musical taste or if they don't like the same bands as them, they think they know what "real metal" is.

and i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks, i just find it funny how you say "oh no, it's a fact they suck, it's not an opinion, it's just a fact." and i also find it hilarious that you automatically assume i'm a scene kid for listening to Whitechapel.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
categorize metal through sub-genres.
Well, I guess that makes all of us elitists

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks,
Couldn't
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock
Hey I like some punk
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
Funny true definitions for metal elitists from urban dictionary:
How official.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
evildeadjedi's Avatar
evildeadjedi evildeadjedi is offline
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!
I feel extremly lucky seeing them back in '97. It seems they were in hiatus all the time. Milo was going to college or busy being a Research Biochemist. The other members renamed themselves "ALL" then the Descendants reformed for "Everything Sucks" then I believe after '97 Milo left again. Lavetta died in '08 and the living members are spread out all over the US.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by WageSlave View Post
I just dont get why the fuck people take the time to negatively comment on these things. Do you really not have anything else to do but to hate on what shows people go to or what genre they consider a band? fuckin sad in my opinion, whatever cause Warped Tour is the shit and while we're having fun outdoors and moshing it up to our favorite bands, youre sitting in a basement somewhere.
Nah, we just don't go to festivals that suck.


Also, why does everyone seem to assume that everyone's computer is in their basement?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkway drive, suicide silence, whitechapel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008