Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Face The Slayer

Morbid Angel begins recording a New Album

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=142041

Quote:
Florida-based death metal veterans MORBID ANGEL entered Mana Recording Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida on June 22 with engineer Erik Rutan (former MORBID ANGEL guitarist and producer for such bands as CANNIBAL CORPSE, MISERY INDEX and GOATWHORE) to begin recording their ninth full-length album. Due late 2010/early 2011 via Season Of Mist, the new CD will be the band's first to be recorded without longtime drummer Pedro "Pete" Sandoval, who recently underwent back surgery for a deteriorating disc problem. Filling in for him on a temporary basis is Tim Yeung, who has previously played with DIVINE HERESY, ALL THAT REMAINS, NILE, HATE ETERNAL and VITAL REMAINS).

Professionally filmed video footage of MORBID ANGEL's entire June 27, 2009 performance at the Rock al Parque festival at Parque Simon Bolivar in Bogota, Colombia can be viewed at this location. A clip of the new song "Nevermore" is available below. (Note: The footage originally aired on Colombia's Canal Capital.)

MORBID ANGEL guitarist Trey Azagthoth last year spoke to Revolver magazine about the band's upcoming album, which will mark the Florida-based group's first release to feature bassist/vocalist David Vincent since 1995's "Domination".

"We played the new song 'Nevemore' on the last tour and that kind of shows where our heads are at," he said. "I'd say it's like an assemblage of all sorts of stuff from the catalog and some new influences. I listen to a lot of hardcore [techno] music now — the fuckin' serious, artistic stuff, not that crap you hear at the clubs. That stuff has impact and it's really extreme. Even if there's no guitar in it or no real drums, the energy coming out of the speakers is amazing." He added, "All I can say is, when it's ready, it's going to be extreme and outside the box. And, hopefully, the songs will inspire people to look deeper inside themselves for 'the stuff' and to tap that potential that we as human beings have."

Although MORBID ANGEL has yet to announce a title for the new CD, its name will likely begin with the letter "I", in keeping with the band's tradition of titling their albums in alphabetical order beginning with 1989's "Altars of Madness", and continuing through "Heretic".

MORBID ANGEL played its first show with new touring guitarist, ZYKLON's longtime axemeister Destructhor (a.k.a. Thor Anders Myhren), on June 22, 2008 at the Hellfest in Clisson, France.

Regarding Destructhor's addition to the band's touring lineup, Vincent said, "We had a fairly long audition process. We looked long and hard at this. We decided when we began this process that it was gonna be a unanimous decision. We had several people [apply for the job] — very good players from, really, all over the world — and we got a video from Thor — the same video that we asked from all the different players; the same two songs — and some people didn't get past the initial discussion stage, and then some people went on to the next stage and it ended up that the band unanimously felt that Thor would be the best guitarist for the band."
Yes!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I'm ready. Hopefully late 2010, but early 2011 is livable.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Can't wait.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
N00B

Definitely want to see them on tour sometime, hopefully they'll support the new album soon.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I thought the damn thing was halfway in the can.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I thought the damn thing was halfway in the can.
That's for movies, brah.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

So, if Pete's replacement is only temporary, why not just delay recording the album?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girnny777 View Post
So, if Pete's replacement is only temporary, why not just delay recording the album?
I think he's going to be out for around a year or so, and at this point I don't really think they can waste anymore time.

As much as I love Pete and would like to see him on the album, I have to say that Tim Yeung will fit the band perfectly. His drumming on the first Hate Eternal was very "Pete-like", you can tell he's influenced alot by him.