Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk-- Norrköping, Sweden--December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM
CapnAwesome's Avatar
CapnAwesome CapnAwesome is offline
Swag 100,000
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 85
Lateralus is so good that I have to listen to the other albums more because I can't handle Lateralus' awesomeness on the reg. Yes I just said "on the reg".
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Fair enough. Honestly, I don't "want" to like Aenima as much as I do - it's just that it has so many essential songs on it for me that I can't help but rank it just above 10,000 Days (which is very close, in my opinion). Songs such as Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and Aenema are true classics, while songs like Third Eye, Eulogy and H. are also all-time faves of mine as well. Too much good shit on that album.
Want to hear some more blasphemy? My favorite song on Aenima is definitely "Hooker With a Penis."
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 320
As far as I'm concerned, Lateralus = Aenima. My $.03
__________________
1/4 Vixen
3/12 Gov't Mule
5/1-3 Beale St Music Festival
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Want to hear some more blasphemy?
Not really, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
My favorite song on Aenima is definitely "Hooker With a Penis."
Ugh. Fuck.











But seriously, Hooker ain't bad. That almost made my list of Top Ten TOOL songs in the other thread. However, I suspect you like it because of the imagery that the song's title evokes in your mind. I heard you like the weird shit, but that's a little extreme.

Oh, and your favorite song from Aenima is Forty-Six & 2. You were mistaken just there.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Not really, no.

Ugh. Fuck.











But seriously, Hooker ain't bad. That almost made my list of Top Ten TOOL songs in the other thread. However, I suspect you like it because of the imagery that the song's title evokes in your mind. I heard you like the weird shit, but that's a little extreme.

Oh, and your favorite song from Aenima is Forty-Six & 2. You were mistaken just there.
Forty-Six & 2 is either my second or third favorite depending on how I feel about Third Eye that day. But yeah...I really just love the rockin' kind of vibe of Hooker that a lot of that album lacks in my opinion. And the lyrics are pretty great too. Title, nah.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
And the lyrics are pretty great too. Title, nah.
Whatever you say.

Nah, but the title and the lyrics are awesome. My interpretation has always been that Maynard is saying that he may be the hooker who's selling himself to make a record, but he's actually the one doing the fucking because the kid in question bought it. I love all of TOOL's lyrics - they are so scathing and angry, yet so true at the same time. It's why I love songs like The Pot and Vicarious so much.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is offline
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,839
Grabbed a pair of tickets last night when I saw the set list.

This will be my first show as a resident of Austin. Kicking things off with a bang.
__________________
1/15 - Mayhem / Watain / Revenge ?
1/18 - Pharmakon
1/22 - Vattnet Viskar
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
^ Happy for you. Really.

...and you fuckers get SXSW, too. I officially do not like you anymore.

You might be able to change this by posting an accurate set list. Maybe.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
RustinPeace1113 RustinPeace1113 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 45
Dude, I paid 85 dollars to see them in Fairfax, Va last summer, and all I got to see was the same shit I saw 3 times on the 10,000 Days tour (plus Flood and minus Wings pt.1 & 2.) I'm so fucking jealous that this tour isn't coming close to me.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Want to hear some more blasphemy? My favorite song on Aenima is definitely "Hooker With a Penis."
SHUT UP










and buy my new record
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tool

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008