Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Clutch -- Allentown, PA -- June 19th, 2010

Location - Allentown, PA
Venue - Crocodile Rocks
Openers - Never Got Caught, Lionize, The Bakerton Group

Courtesy of stoopid2001 from the Cove http://sassafrascove.com/bb/viewtopi...337976#p337976

HOT. That pretty much sums up this show. Who ever had the idea to put pizza ovens in a concert venue can eat a big bag of dicks.

Lionize gets better every time I see them. I didn't recognize the last song they played, maybe its a new one? I'll mp3 it up tomorrow. Maybe someone knows what it was.

NGC was much better as a 4 piece. I really dug their set more this time than New Years. Neil did Slipping Out with them as he's been doing this leg of the tour. Chris from Lionize did a song with them as well.

The Bakerton Group sounded great from the bathroom and the bar. I missed most of their set to piss and get a bottle of water.

Clutch brought the rock as expected. Neil commented on how hot it was in there. Set list highlights for me were JWB, Immortal and R&R Outlaw.

I picked up a clear vinyl. After the show I met Lyss76, Tex and Fake111. I saw Skyye taking pics during Lionize, but missed her after the show.

Did I mention it was fucking hot?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 AM
In Search of Truth

Croc Rock = my least favorite venue. Absolutely horrible. Damn shame since it books a few worthwhile acts each year and is about 10-15 minutes from my house.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Croc Rock = my least favorite venue. Absolutely horrible. Damn shame since it books a few worthwhile acts each year and is about 10-15 minutes from my house.
That is a shame, is it something that could improve with new management?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
That is a shame, is it something that could improve with new management?
Probably, but the guy that owns the venue is a royal asshole. There are multiple protest/anti-venue groups on the internet, but they don't take any form of constructive suggestions/criticism, even when there's literally dozens (if not hundreds) of published accounts of people hating the venue.

A few accounts I gathered for my Facebook group:

"I'm surprised this place hasn't been shut down. Other reviewers have mentioned the crowding problem. It is serious. I recently saw a sold out show there, and the place was filled way past capacity. You seriously could not move an inch. Lord help you if one of the security guys has to get through the crowd - they shove people into each other without even looking at them. At one point, I was standing next to the bar, and I was pretty sure I was going to get crushed against it a couple times as people pushed by to go to the bathroom. And this was without some sort of accident like a fire or something - if there were to be a fire, hundreds of people would die in it either from trampling or simply not being able to get out of the place. It's too bad, because we saw a great band play there, but the Crocodile Rock Cafe is a disaster waiting to happen."

"I tried to book a show with these guys and they acted extremely unprofessional and very shady. There attitude towards booking bands is very uncaring and unorganized. It took me five days of talking everyday with these people to finally book a show. I highly recommend not working with this venue."

"not only is the place ridiculous to get to for those out of town and not familiar with Allentown (getting lost is highly likley), but the venue straight up sucks. Its small, crowded beyond belief, and hot as hell. We get there and it was already jam packed, we couldnt stand anywhere in the club and watch the band, bouncers were constantly telling us to keep moving. also, there was over 45 minutes between the main supporting band and the headliner, during which time we were cramped on the side with no where to go, this place sucks."

"This club is THE WORST place to see a concert.I can't count the # of times I saw water dripping from the ceiling,huge puddles on the floor,trash cans catching the water"
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Probably, but the guy that owns the venue is a royal asshole. There are multiple protest/anti-venue groups on the internet, but they don't take any form of constructive suggestions/criticism, even when there's literally dozens (if not hundreds) of published accounts of people hating the venue.
That truly is a damn shame, nothing worse than an owner who doesn't give a shit.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 06-20-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:11 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
That truly is a damn shame, nothing worse than an owner who doesn't give a shit.
If you look up, I edited my post and inserted some accounts I gathered for my Facebook group.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
If you look up, I edited my post and inserted some accounts I gathered for my Facebook group.
I noticed that and it sounds like this place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. So are there any other venues in the area that hold shows?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I noticed that and it sounds like this place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. So are there any other venues in the area that hold shows?
The only other venue in Allentown that can even hope to compete with it is The Sterling Hotel, which is located literally right down the road. It's been temporarily closed since December, but is reopening soon. The problem with that venue though is that it's well-intentioned but just a few steps shy of fully professional, and the guy that books most of the national acts there has a bad habit of seemingly only booking bands he likes - which makes the venue almost 100% metal, mostly all death metal. Apparently they're remodeling though and bringing in some new people - if the fact that I'm seeing Y&T with Icarus Witch there in August is any indication, they should hopefully finally be moving up the venue ladder.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I see Spacegrass was the grand finale. Somewhere, a fuckton of nerds just came.

Tags
clutch