10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Seen Maiden 12 some odd times over the past 20 years, worst set list ever (just my opinion). Of course still a great show.

Last edited by woodsey44; 06-18-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Y'know, we have a thread already.

Also, the setlist rules.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

long live IRON MAIDEN

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 PM
N00B

I'm loving the set, can't wait for the San Bernardino show tomorrow =)
Kinda shocked there's no Powerslave or Piece of Mind song but hey after playing the classic 80s material for so long it's nice to see the 2000-on Maiden get some play. But WOW...No "The Trooper" or "2 Minutes to Midnight." I would like to see "Rainmaker" though. I hope we get "Dance of Death" tomorrow =)
Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmilitia54 View Post
I'm loving the set, can't wait for the San Bernardino show tomorrow =)
Kinda shocked there's no Powerslave or Piece of Mind song but hey after playing the classic 80s material for so long it's nice to see the 2000-on Maiden get some play. But WOW...No "The Trooper" or "2 Minutes to Midnight." I would like to see "Rainmaker" though. I hope we get "Dance of Death" tomorrow =)
You guys will get Paschendale...

Wanna trade?
Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsey44 View Post
Seen Maiden 12 some odd times over the past 20 years, worst set list ever (just my opinion).
I guess that means you didn't see them on the AMOLAD tour, right?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:09 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I guess that means you didn't see them on the AMOLAD tour, right?

I swear I'm one of like 10 people who liked that.

In my opinion, the worst setlist they've ever done was probably the Dance of Death tour. Aside from the 6 new songs + Brave New World and lord of the Flies, it was terrible. Wrathchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Hallowed, Fear of the Dark, and Iron Maiden. Now granted, it's not that they're bad songs - it's just that they're all overplayed hits, most of which most hardcore Maiden fans don't need to keep seeing. At least on the Amolad tour, they played even more new material (which I consider good because the album tour was the only chance for them to ever do most of it), and they played The Evil That Men Do and 2 Minutes to Midnight - two hits, that while overplayed, are at least undoubtedly two of Maiden's most loved hits.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

In my opinion, the worst setlist they've ever done was probably the Dance of Death tour. Aside from the 6 new songs + Brave New World and lord of the Flies, it was terrible. Wrathchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Hallowed, Fear of the Dark, and Iron Maiden. Now granted, it's not that they're bad songs - it's just that they're all overplayed hits, most of which most hardcore Maiden fans don't need to keep seeing. At least on the Amolad tour, they played even more new material (which I consider good because the album tour was the only chance for them to ever do most of it), and they played The Evil That Men Do and 2 Minutes to Midnight - two hits, that while overplayed, are at least undoubtedly two of Maiden's most loved hits.
I can understand why people didn't like all of AMOLAD being played live. I never saw them on that tour but I can see how the album can lose people's attention live. Even though it's a very good album it does drag a bit from Ben Breeg on. All the songs follow the same format and the soft intros/outros on all of them sometimes annoy me. So I can imagine that live it might have been a downer for a lot of people as well. Especially if you think Maiden was driving that song format into the ground on that album which I think they most deffinately were. Some songs it works on but four songs in a row like that doesn't for a lot of people. Because it's like hearing the same song four times in a row. As much as I love them they need to stop with the whole FOTD song format. I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish with it but it's gotten tired now. Open your damn songs up with kick ass riffs like you used to guys!!!

I agree with the DOD set being their worst one. Nothing particularly special at all with that tours selections. Even a nice surprise like LOTF falls flat because the on the DOTR version it sounds like Bruce would rather be doing something else other than singing the song.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

Personally, I'll take The Trooper over 2 Minutes to Midnight any day. But I'd agree that I honestly wouldn't care if I never saw NOTB, CIPWM, Run to the Hills, and Wrathchild again. Gimme Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, or The Evil That Men Do!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:23 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
You guys will get Paschendale...

Wanna trade?
Damn, oh well, it'll still be a great show. Haha, I'd love to...

Tags
iron maiden