Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Concert Veteran

Seeing these bad reviews is making me a little worried about seeing them next saturday. I'm not surprised to hear that they may not of had much life on stage though. I felt that way the last time I saw them when they played the main stage at Gigantour 2005. I went in wanting to be impressed with them and they just gave a 'blah' performance.

The set is still all right though. My only problem is them dropping 'Resurrection' for 'Decent'. It's a good song but Resurrection is one of my favorites from them. Hopefully the show I go to won't be too bad. All That Remains is opening at the one i'm going to. I'm not sure why they're on my show but not on this one? It doesn't really matter since i'm just going for Fear Factory anyways.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned Asshole

I saw Fear Factory Tuesday, at the Norfolk VA show, and their set was definately longer than that....

I have to disagree on the hatred for Thy WIll Be Done. They put on a pretty solid performance. Much better than that shit silent civilian does. Santos is a prick too, he needs a fucking ego check.

Prong was incredible. They're a doom/industrial metal band, so it's not super-fast riffs and screaming vocals. It's supposed to be slower. Tommy Victor is an amazing guitarist, and he puts on a great show. If you didn't like Prong, it's because you just want fastfastfast, and don't care about the actual talent.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Prong was incredible. They're a doom/industrial metal band, so it's not super-fast riffs and screaming vocals. It's supposed to be slower. Tommy Victor is an amazing guitarist, and he puts on a great show. If you didn't like Prong, it's because you just want fastfastfast, and don't care about the actual talent.
ohboyherewego.avi
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
I saw Fear Factory Tuesday, at the Norfolk VA show, and their set was definately longer than that....

I have to disagree on the hatred for Thy WIll Be Done. They put on a pretty solid performance. Much better than that shit silent civilian does. Santos is a prick too, he needs a fucking ego check.

Agreed on Prong. Still an amazing band, one of my favorites.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 06-04-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
triturabis primatum

As I said, I really liked the guitar work, but the guitarist was like a wooden plank, walking around like Slash doesn't make it interesting to watch. Prong had some of the best music of the evening, but a very boring stage show.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned Asshole

What do you expect from a dude in his late 40s/50s? Running around, jumping off of everything....?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Homebrewing Metalhead

You guys should be glad you have The Jaxx, I really miss that venue. There is nothing like it down here in Florida and you think the sound there sucks (which it doesn't really) then check out House of Blues. I saw Iced Earth at HOB and I saw them at The Jaxx with Ripper (who I'm not really even a fan of) and the show at the Jaxx was about 4 million times better. Therion at the Jaxx is still one of my favorite shows of all time. And on a more personal note, Jay is a hell of a nice guy too. Ya know why? Because he gives local bands a shot. Some of them are very good. And I never saw any reduced sets because of this. Why would they? Its not like down here in Florida where concerts need to end by a certain time.

Recher is an awful venue (still better than anything local to me down here sadly) and to me even worse than the 9:30 Club and I won't even get into how much I hate that venue and the location.

Last edited by darkguardian50; 06-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:59 PM
triturabis primatum

Quote:
What do you expect from a dude in his late 40s/50s? Running around, jumping off of everything....?
Anything BUT standing there like a statue. Headbang, put a foot on a monitor, something.

Prong guy seriously just stood there, and for someone who wasn't familiar with their music, however interesting it was, wasn't much fun to watch. I know thrash and industrial are apples & oranges, but guys like Mille Petrozza and Bobby Blitz are in their upper 40s/50s; and are really engaging and intense at Kreator/OverKill shows, whether it be headbanging or anything else. Just so we're clear, I'm not knocking Prong's music at all, but their performance.

@Darkguardian:

Jay and Jaxx are generous to give local bands slots, but Jay is an absolute asshole to deal with in person. I'm speaking from experience. Trying to get one of the local slots is an incredibly vague and frustrating process, but those are the breaks.

The only time I've ever seen setlists get cut is when the band had to get to their next venue at some specific time. Cannibal Corpse went on stage 2 hours early since they had to be in Boston and 9 the next morning, or DRI cutting a few when it hit 2AM which is the Jaxx closing time, which I think has something to do with liquor laws.

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 06-04-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
The tours they did after transgression with Raymond and Christian and without Dino were awesome. I'd rather hear stuff from Archetype and Transgression than the new album, personally.
Well, Archetype IS a good record... it's just that Gene & Byron don't "fit" this band.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 AM
n00basaurus

They better not play that weak ass shit when I see them at the House of Blues on July 9th. Thats a terribly short setlist.

Tags
fear factory