Powershifter
Fear Campaign
Demanufacture
Self Bias Restricter
Martyr
Descent
Zero Signal
Replica

I'm going to say upfront that this show was a disappointment.

To begin, a pretty good local band, called Loculus, but nobody on the internet cares about that. The first band on the tour set up, Thy Will Be Done. And they were awful. A bunch of half-ass "brutal" riffs and breakdowns, the singer wouldn't shut the fuck up, eating at least 5 minutes of set time, and he kept like, stroking me. I'm not in to dudes so I wasn't really cool with that, and then they ended their set with the intro to Raining Blood, the least they could do is play the full song.

Next, Silent Civilian, a metalcore band. To be honest, they weren't nearly as awful as they could've been; in fact, when they weren't doing breakdowns, they had some killer riffs and solos, however forgettable. And that's the best word to describe their performance: forgettable.

Prong was boring as hell, but the guitar work was really nice and off the wall, but they didn't have the charisma to actually make it work. The vocalist wouldn't headbang or anything, and stood flat-footed the whole time, and didn't really try with his vocals. So the Fear Campaign Tour is 0/3 so far, and just the headliner remains.

The legendary Fear Factory, with the even more legendary Gene Hoglan manning the drum kit. Alas, not even The Atom Clock could save this performance. The entire band looked incredibly bored and appeared like they just wanted the tour to be over. The Mechanize songs were the only ones performed with a hint of passion, especially "Fear Campaign", but other than that, a really puny guitar tone, and bored performance just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 06-03-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added in review.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Is it just me or have their more recent sets been shorter than the first leg of the reunion?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Is it just me or have their more recent sets been shorter than the first leg of the reunion?
Not just you. Also much shorter than they used to do before the "reunion"
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
The first band on the tour set up, Thy Will Be Done. And they were awful. A bunch of half-ass "brutal" riffs and breakdowns, the singer wouldn't shut the fuck up, eating at least 5 minutes of set time, and he kept like, stroking me. I'm not in to dudes so I wasn't really cool with that, and then they ended their set with the intro to Raining Blood, the least they could do is play the full song.
Oof. They were so annoying when I saw them in January. At the end of every song the frontman would just be all "FUCK YEAH WE READY TO SEE FUCKING DEVILDRIVER?!?!" a lot. At one point I just shouted "HAIL SATAN!"at them, and the frontman just looked at me and fanned the air. Pfft. The 'Raining Blood' section is the only commendable part of their set, then they go into one of their shitty songs. I just facepalmed and hoped that Goatwhore and Suffocation would take the stage faster...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
Oof. They were so annoying when I saw them in January. At the end of every song the frontman would just be all "FUCK YEAH WE READY TO SEE FUCKING DEVILDRIVER?!?!" a lot. At one point I just shouted "HAIL SATAN!"at them, and the frontman just looked at me and fanned the air. Pfft. The 'Raining Blood' section is the only commendable part of their set, then they go into one of their shitty songs. I just facepalmed and hoped that Goatwhore and Suffocation would take the stage faster...
I honestly don't remember much from their performance on the Devildriver tour, so it must not have been very good....lol.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Headbanger

The girl I know who is friends with TWBD bailed on me so I didn't go to the show. I've said it before Jaxx fukkin blows. Why add another local opener and cut time from the headlining band? They do it every time. TWBD should begin the night and get 25 min tops!

If I drove that hour and 15 min and didn't hear Christploitation I would have gone APESHIT! Kinda glad I have a free hookup to see them at Recher Theatre because we'll get a full set there. They never add shitty bands to sell more drinks either.

I actually like the newest TWBD cd but the guy does ramble way too much on stage. He was annoying as hell at Devildriver and I told him why not play 1 more song and cut that shit out. Apparently he didn't listen to my opinion.

I really like old Prong. Not sure they fit well on this bill but the Beg to Differ CD is still one of my favorite cd's. New Silent Civilian is pretty damn good so I know I would have enjoyed them. Just hard to listen to Prong after them really so I can see why Prong would bore you, especially if they played mostly newer stuff.

I guess I'm glad I didn't make it now. Recher blows Jaxx away sound-wise too.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:46 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Were they really that bad. I would think they would enjoy being back on tour since they havent toured in a few years.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

My cousin was at this show last night. He called me to tell me not to bother going to the Worcester show tonight(I was considering getting tickets at the door). He said that Fear Factory was pretty good but were still a huge letdown.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

They'll reunite with Raymond & Christian soon, mark my words.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
They'll reunite with Raymond & Christian soon, mark my words.
The tours they did after transgression with Raymond and Christian and without Dino were awesome. I'd rather hear stuff from Archetype and Transgression than the new album, personally.

Tags
fear factory