Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
In Search of Truth

ProgPower USA lifts Camera-ban policy

Source: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/p...ouncement.html

After many years of arguably the most strict camera-ban at concerts out there, Glenn Harveston and all the people involved in ProgPower USA have announced that this year, thanks to co-operation by all the bands, the festival is lifting its ban on Digital Cameras in the main room! All video/audio recording is still strictly prohibited, but for the first year ever, the festival will welcome fan photography during the performances.

SO happy about this. I'd always been bothered by this policy, and it's perfect that they decided to lift it for my long-awaited first-ever trip to the festival!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

That's kinda cool. Wonder how they plan on distinguishing from pictures and crappy digital camera videos, though.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

From my iPhone last september:

Fates Warning
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

This is cool. If I can make it, definitely bringing a camera along. I brought a disposable with me the year I went, and pretty much all of the pictures came out awful - except for (by an obscene stroke of luck) two Pagan's Mind shots, which came out as bright and clear as if it had been an outside gig. When I got the pictures developed, I was atleast happy that I had two good pictures (as far as disposable cameras go) from the band I went to see.

To SIT72: It has to do with how long you keep your camera in the air, I think. Obviously if you're holding the camera in place for the majority of the song it's going to raise suspicions.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
This is cool. If I can make it, definitely bringing a camera along. I brought a disposable with me the year I went, and pretty much all of the pictures came out awful - except for (by an obscene stroke of luck) two Pagan's Mind shots, which came out as bright and clear as if it had been an outside gig. When I got the pictures developed, I was atleast happy that I had two good pictures (as far as disposable cameras go) from the band I went to see.

To SIT72: It has to do with how long you keep your camera in the air, I think. Obviously if you're holding the camera in place for the majority of the song it's going to raise suspicions.
Yeah, if they see anyone trying to hold their camera steady in the air for more than like 15 seconds they start to get suspicious about it. Glenn has lots of people who keep eyes on it for him.

And do you have any update on the probability of you doing the trip? The sooner you can let me know, the better.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
And do you have any update on the probability of you doing the trip? The sooner you can let me know, the better.
It's still only a maybe. I'll hopefully have a better update by the end of the month.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
It's still only a maybe. I'll hopefully have a better update by the end of the month.
Alright. I'm pretty sure tickets are still dwindling and I know that they're still expecting a sell-out by the time of the festival. Ultimately I still don't really need to know unless closer to the date, but I'd still like to for the sake of planning on peace of mind. Just keep me posted.