Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah, from what I understand, the more overweight you are, the easier the first pounds will come flying off. It's the closer you get to your goal that it's like pulling teeth. Seeing as I'm 16 pounds away from the upper bound of my goal, I'm guessing those are gonna be pretty fucking hard to lose.
Yeah, I'm hoping that since the first 10 lbs came off earlier this year just from eating less and stretching more/doing push up, then an actual work out regiment will be uber effective.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

diets are just fads, even if they work youll just put the weight back on when you go back to your old habits once you reach your target zone. in order to be truly healthy you need a lifestyle change, not a diet. you really need to just grow out of the junk food stage and not eat that stuff anymore. eating a donut and then punishing yourself with cardio isnt healthy, and i think running is extremely overrated anyway. all that makes you do is end up gasping for air and feeling exhausted, i hate that feeling, who would want to do that to themselves?

im what most people would consider lean, i have 11% body fat and i really dont do any chronic cardio at all. eat properly and your body will look how its supposed to on its own.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-re...-works-for-me/
Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
diets are just fads, even if they work youll just put the weight back on when you go back to your old habits once you reach your target zone. in order to be truly healthy you need a lifestyle change, not a diet. you really need to just grow out of the junk food stage and not eat that stuff anymore. eating a donut and then punishing yourself with cardio isnt healthy, and i think running is extremely overrated anyway. all that makes you do is end up gasping for air and feeling exhausted, i hate that feeling, who would want to do that to themselves?

im what most people would consider lean, i have 11% body fat and i really dont do any chronic cardio at all. eat properly and your body will look how its supposed to on its own.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-re...-works-for-me/
Well, easier said than done, man. We live in America. It's a culture of excess that has given us thousands of unnecessary, delicious, unhealthy foods. Maybe it was easy for you to say you were done with junk food and move onto grilled red meats and green vegetables or whatever it is, but I'm sorry, I presently believe that buffalo wings are the greatest food ever, and in sixty years, I'm going to believe the same goddamn thing. Yeah, my body and I are going to be in an eternal struggle until the day I die, but that's the price you pay in this world.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Well, easier said than done, man. We live in America. It's a culture of excess that has given us thousands of unnecessary, delicious, unhealthy foods. Maybe it was easy for you to say you were done with junk food and move onto grilled red meats and green vegetables or whatever it is, but I'm sorry, I presently believe that buffalo wings are the greatest food ever, and in sixty years, I'm going to believe the same goddamn thing. Yeah, my body and I are going to be in an eternal struggle until the day I die, but that's the price you pay in this world.
well atleast the buffalo wings are healthier than the pizza(bread) or soda(sugar) that might come with them.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
well atleast the buffalo wings are healthier than the pizza(bread) or soda(sugar) that might come with them.
I haven't had soda or gatorade in 3 months, and I accidentally took a sip of some Sprite the other day....the sugar was such a shock to my mouth. I was so pissed.....thought I was drinking water....
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I haven't had soda or gatorade in 3 months, and I accidentally took a sip of some Sprite the other day....the sugar was such a shock to my mouth. I was so pissed.....thought I was drinking water....
I'm really glad I found that bottled tea that actually tastes great...but I know that once in a while, a man's gonna wanna Mountain Dew, and a man's gonna do what he wants.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
I'm really glad I found that bottled tea that actually tastes great...but I know that once in a while, a man's gonna wanna Mountain Dew, and a man's gonna do what he wants.
Dude, i still drink copious amounts of beer every few weekends, so its not like I'm not indulging myself.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Here's my "fast fucking metal" playlist for working out:

Assuck
DRI
Insect Warfare
Kill The Client
Magrudergrind
Minor Threat
Municipal Waste
Napalm Death
Nasum
Phobia
Pig Destroyer
Rotten Sound
Trap Them
Watchmaker
Wolfbrigade
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
In Search of Truth

Just a bit of two cents from myself...

First, I should say that I am definitely overweight, and I need to lose a good chunk of weight in order to feel better about how I look and feel, and more importantly - just feel better. I have already started to work on smaller things to take steps towards that happening. But it's not easy - for me, it's something similar to what Brad said as far as food goes.

But ultimately, I don't really have a ton of respect for people who go really nuts with watching everything they eat, making sure they work out as much as possible, and stressing out over the exact numbers on a scale. You can say: "That's just because you're fat" all you want, but you'd be wrong. Because I haven't always been the way I am now, and I've had this opinion for a long time. I have a certain line I have to draw somewhere, and at the end of the day, I will not torture myself. Sure, I could - and yeah, maybe I'd weigh the "correct" amount, and all that wonderful stuff. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change things so much that I think it's worth the personal struggle. In the end - we're all going to die eventually, and it's not gonna matter who's 15 pounds overweight or not. You will never be able to convince me that my life would be exponentially better if I were in perfect physical condition. You can tell me I'm wrong - but I'm gonna admit I'm pretty stubborn.

But yeah - I don't want to set anyone off here, because I really doubt I'm talking about anyone that's posting here. I still believe it's more than worthwhile to diet and exercise, and they can make you feel a lot better and better about yourself. I just don't believe in going off the deep end - to me it's more just about living the life you want to live and living it the way it works best for you.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Regretting my username

It definitely is depressing to care so much about your weight, eating habits, and workout routine when you're 18-23, because this is the time that you're supposed to be enjoying yourself. Despite being overweight, I'm probably at my biological physical and sexual peak (looking at you, ladies ).....and it sucks that I have to stress about it now. But if you don't do it now, then when you're older and your metabolism is slower, you start to develop serious health problems......and I'd probably prefer cutting out soda and running more to checking my blood sugar and going to doctor every other week.