Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
But do you guys know how popular Nine Inch Nails are? They can play even bigger places than As I Lay Dying, and they deserve to play fucking enormous places!
Hey do you ever go on your fm account? I sent you a friend request awhile ago n you still havn't accepted
Old 06-02-2010, 03:39 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Hey do you ever go on your fm account? I sent you a friend request awhile ago n you still havn't accepted
Oh...no, I don't use it. I'm not even logged in to use it, the music on there is from like four years ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Oh...no, I don't use it. I'm not even logged in to use it, the music on there is from like four years ago.
Oh haha, and you're comment was pretty funny
Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
But do you guys know how popular Nine Inch Nails are? They can play even bigger places than As I Lay Dying, and they deserve to play fucking enormous places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
guess so. LOTs of other people would agree with me, maybe not on this board.
There are also LOTS of people that would say Fall Out Boy are better than any metal band. Does that make them right? No, your argument is invalid.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

NIN is awesome. Pissed that I never saw them live. They came here twice within a year and both times I was too lazy to go. The last time they came, the tour was called "Wave Goodbye." If only I realized what that meant...
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I'm a pretty huge NIN fan, but I'm not entirely interested in this project. I'll probably check it out at some point, 'cause it's free. But not for a while... the one song I heard didn't exactly blow my mind.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned Asshole

I like the early NIN stuff, but the later stuff really didn't do it for me. The new project doesn't tickle my fancy either, I may download the album and see if anything is better than the one song I've heard off it.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Concert Veteran

Yeah, I know how weird is it that we talk about actual metal bands on a metal message board and not an alternative/industrial band like NIN?

I noticed on that link you posted that you singled out the Nevermore thread. First of all Nevermore destroys NIN and most other bands out there right now. Second of all if you read the thread you would realize there was more discussion going on there than just the Nevermore tour.

Also, singling out the Exodus thread is just plain dumb. They're a highly regaurded and influential thrash metal band. Yes, they didn't reach the height of popularity the big four did. But they did have a sizeable following in metals heyday of the 80s and early 90s. They still have a respectable following now since they've been around in one form or another for the better part of the last 30 years. Just because some bands didn't reach the height of fame your precious Trent Reznor did doesn't mean that these bands aren't better than them.

More fame doesn't equal a better band, good music does.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, I know how weird is it that we talk about actual metal bands on a metal message board and not an alternative/industrial band like NIN?

I noticed on that link you posted that you singled out the Nevermore thread. First of all Nevermore destroys NIN and most other bands out there right now. Second of all if you read the thread you would realize there was more discussion going on there than just the Nevermore tour.

Also, singling out the Exodus thread is just plain dumb. They're a highly regaurded and influential thrash metal band. Yes, they didn't reach the height of popularity the big four did. But they did have a sizeable following in metals heyday of the 80s and early 90s. They still have a respectable following now since they've been around in one form or another for the better part of the last 30 years. Just because some bands didn't reach the height of fame your precious Trent Reznor did doesn't mean that these bands aren't better than them.

More fame doesn't equal a better band, good music does.
I'm just as big of fan of Nevermore and Exodus as I am of NIN. I think for an industrial METAL band, NIN is one of the very best out there. Also, everyone I know who likes metal also like NIN so I figured that since everyone on here likes metal, most of them like NIN too which is why I'm a bit surprised that the thread for Trent's new project isn't getting more action. But maybe most on here don't like NIN which is fine too.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I'm just as big of fan of Nevermore and Exodus as I am of NIN. I think for an industrial METAL band, NIN was one of the very best out there. Also, everyone I know who likes metal also like NIN so I figured that since everyone on here likes metal, most of them like NIN too which is why I'm a bit surprised that the thread for Trent's new project isn't getting more action. But maybe most on here don't like NIN which is fine too.
This guy needs to have his own smiley.