Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
N00B

Nirvana 2002 got back together just to play MDF and their first show ever outside of Sweden and they get 6 songs? Come on. Still, I wish I would've been there for this.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

That Obituary set may have all the songs but it is very out of order.

And Nirvana 2002's set was cut short due to technical problems. There's a thread about it on the MDF forum.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlashyrkhMR101 View Post
Nirvana 2002 got back together just to play MDF and their first show ever outside of Sweden and they get 6 songs? Come on. Still, I wish I would've been there for this.
Yeah, their set got cut short because of a lot of different issues. HOWEVER:

Ryan said "Anyway, I'm not against giving this another go, if you're up for it." in the thread where one of the N2002 members was talking about the technical issues and mentioned how they definitely want to do atleast one more show in the States before closing the lid on the band, to have a proper sendoff here (Here), so N2002 might do next years MDF.

Which would be really cool, since I might be able to make next year my first MDF, assuming the lineup doesn't suck (which it won't.)
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Metal DJ

I know Entombed opened with "Chief Rebel Angel"
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM
not a N00B

anyone have Trap Them's setlist?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory-Mike View Post
anyone have Trap Them's setlist?
They didn't get to play for some unknown reasons in the band. Watain got moved from the outside stage to inside and eclipsed their time slot.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM
not the mama

Asphyx set is out of order obvs.

My review of what I saw this weekend.
Day 1:
Tombs - Decent but nothing great. 3/5
Malignancy - Lead singer was trying to get people to form a circle pit...left. 2/5
Jesus Crost - There was a circle pit already during sound check. This two piece duo was really something. Vocalist/guitarist is quite the comedian and has some vocal range. 5/5
Nazxul - Wasn't planning on watching them but Possessed not playing bumped the time slot up a bit, fitting perfectly with my free time. They were actually really great. 3 basses and 1 guitarist all backing eachother and playing the perfect walls of sound. True black metal spirit. And there was this funny guy moshing during their set lol. 4/5
Watain - Only band in the entire fest I could not get up close for. Was originally planning on watching a couple minutes then go inside for Trap Them but no...Watched a few songs, they sucked, went outside for Gorguts more entertaining sound check. 2/5
Gorguts - Phenomenal. I don't even really like them that much on cd but they were fantastic live. Also had the best sound of all outside bands. 5/5
Gride - Really great. Mixing hardcore with old school punk riffs. 4/5
Unfortunately I had to leave early and didn't get to see Coffins or D.R.I. =(

Day 2:
Ingrowing - Great set. Great energy. Got the crowd going. Yea. 4/5
Fang - They were decent. The side lot stage fucking sucked between that slanted shit and dealing with the sun, would have liked to see more of them but left a couple songs in. 3/5
The Chasm - Not as great live as they are on cd. Had technical problems unfortunately. 3/5
Impaled - Amazing. At this point the ac was turned on inside. Watched them from the perfect spot. There was this crazy guy in a pig mask moshing next to me and this other annoying girl screaming her lungs out in back of me. haha good stuff but way too short set - 5/5
Blood Duster - Most entertaining set of the weekend. The MDF-Board crew brought out hundreds of glow sticks and blow up animals and threw them around the room. Both band and crowd loved it. Guards were pissed. An inflatable cock getting sucked in the circle pit and by the band. Epic. 5/5
Incantation - Good but really boring. No one moshed. Old school fans just felt the moment or some shit. 3/5
Repulsion - I'm not much of a fan of them but they were pretty good. 4/5
Asphyx - Blew me away. 5/5
Autopsy - Was worn after Asphyx so I ate some chips and lied down while listening to them. Even that was amazing. It sounded so evil, like a dark presence straight from hell was among us. Eventually moved closer to the stage to see their killer set with my very own eyes. Perfect. 5/5
Deceased - Again, got a great spot where the AC was cooling me and watched their set. It was pretty fun. Then they closed with a cover of Dio's Stand Up and Shout =). 4/5
Wolfbrigade - Possibly the best set of the weekend. I got slayed. 5/5
Was curious about Portal's set but there was no way they would top Wolfbrigade so I just left.

Day 3:
Was terribly sick and didn't go at all =(
Planned to at least catch From Ashes Rise at the end but it never happened. ah well hopefully they play next year....and Captain Cleanoff and Wolfbrigade come back.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I am hearing pretty much unanimously good reviews for Wolfbrigade and Blood Duster. Any album recs for either?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Shatteredflame...

Thanks for the review man I've been looking for some reviews.
That really sucks you couldn't go on Sunday . When I looked at the lineup, that day was the best by far. Sounds like you still had a killer time, though.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I am hearing pretty much unanimously good reviews for Wolfbrigade and Blood Duster. Any album recs for either?
So far for Wolfbrigade I only heard Comalive and Prey to the World, both are incredible and really introduced me to the crust/d-beat side of hardcore, which suits perfectly with my taste. Blood Duster I haven't listened to much on CD. They are alright but I really don't think they would have been as fun if the MDF-board guys didn't plan all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Shatteredflame...

Thanks for the review man I've been looking for some reviews.
That really sucks you couldn't go on Sunday . When I looked at the lineup, that day was the best by far. Sounds like you still had a killer time, though.
Nah, Saturday was more than enough for me with Asphyx, Autopsy and Wolfbrigade especially. Sunday I would have most loved to see Captain Cleanoff, Converge and From Ashes Rise.

Tags
asphyx, autopsy, blood duster, converge, d.r.i., deceased, entombed, gorguts, gorod, incantation, magrudergrind, melechesh, necrophobic, nirvana 2002, obituary, obliteration, pentagram, pestilence, portal, possessed, repulsion, sadistic intent, sinister, the chasm, watain