Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I think its wrong to but thats how people deal with death. Some people will make jokes even if they are sad because they dont want to show how they really feel.
yeah actually that's fine. if you want to make a joke about the dead that's funny, but not disrespectful, to help you then that's fine. but making a disrespectful joke about the dead is just wrong, especially after they just died.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I think its wrong to but thats how people deal with death. Some people will make jokes even if they are sad because they dont want to show how they really feel.
People deal with death in whatever way they feel comfortable. I've dealt with personal loss before. It wasn't healthy but being completely miserable mixed with some humor, fond memories, and a couple bottles of whiskey helped me cope. In wizzbangs case its being a raging dickhead. I suggesat not to feed him anymore by responding to him.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned Asshole

AWWWWE!... you guys haven't changed a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
yeah actually that's fine. if you want to make a joke about the dead that's funny, but not disrespectful, to help you then that's fine. but making a disrespectful joke about the dead is just wrong, especially after they just died.
To be fair, when I read the statement 1 down 8 to go, I took it merely as a joke geared towards the whole band, not only to their "bassist" if you would like to classify him as such a thing that is...
Old 05-31-2010, 04:07 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not.“Miss them do not. "

Master Yoda to Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the sith
Old 05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
N00B

Unhappy

It is very sad that two musicians died. Comparing the two is apples and oranges, but it is better to champion them for what they did, and that was creating music that different people enjoyed.

As for the OD, I wouldn't say I'd lose respect for anyone who was addicted to drugs. As far as I'm aware, heroin and others are addictive no end, and it takes a really strong person to overcome their addiction. It was unfortunate that Gray couldn't muster that kind of determination.

As for Dio dying young, it's possible that cigarettes took him away. The constant touring life is hard on the body, and it can definitely shorten a life.