Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

If anyone is ever in an area that has a Newbury Comics (From what I understand they're only up here in the Northeast, maybe just New England, but I could be wrong), I highly recommend checking it out. Not counting my online ReVamp preorder a few weeks ago since it's a Euro import with a bonus track, I haven't paid more than $15 for a CD in a long time since I do almost all my CD buying here now. In fact, I picked up two Nocturnal Rites CDs & the new Orphaned Land there yesterday for just a little over $20 together. I think I bought a Sinergy CD there once for, like, two dollars. Only the used stuff is ever THAT low, but their used CDs are *always* in great condition. I've never had any problem buying used from there. They were also playing Tarot's "Crows Fly Black" album when I was in there yesterday, which was awesome. Their selection always surprises me, too, because they have a better Metal selection than any other chain I've ever seen.

As for the topic...

Around 350 CDs, 20 LPs, 20 DVDs, and 2 Cassettes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Personally I never download albums. I don't need to because I don't need to hear an album all the way through to know if I want to buy it or not. Samples/clips/songs on MySpace etc. are enough.

What helps is I also don't have the need to hear things as soon as they come out. I listen to samples, decide if I want it, then it sits on my wishlist, sometimes for years, until it's cheap, then I buy it. Until then, I simply don't hear that album. Makes buying it all the more worthwhile, and I've got more than enough to listen to in the mean time.
Again, I agree. The difference between our approaches - which really aren't all that different, when it comes to the core values we both seem to believe in - is that I don't often have time to listen to the things I want to check out by streaming them on a computer. I live an hour away from work, so that commute time in the car is my primary listening time. I download stuff so I can burn it to CD and check it out in the car.

I also listen a lot while I'm actually at the office working, and due to bandwidth restrictions and quota time on web sites such as MySpace, I can't really stream stuff at work, either. Thus, I've really no choice but to download stuff and burn it to CD for the car or dump it to my portable hard drive (AKA the "music vault") so I can listen during the times when I'm most available.

I only wish it was my full-time job to listen to music and comment on it...then I wouldn't have to download anything, the time management thing would take care of itself, and I'd be one happy camper!

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-25-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I live an hour away from work
Is that all? Amateur

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
I only wish it was my full-time job to listen to music and comment on it...then I wouldn't have to download anything, the time management thing would take care of itself, and I'd be one happy camper!
I wish this, but in the old days. Before all the labels started delivering everything in garbage formats.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Don't feel bad...I thought the same thing for a long time. I was giving him a whole bunch of cred he didn't deserve during that time...
Well, I'm going to have to go blow more cred because honestly, Massacre >>> Vio-Lence
Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Well, I'm going to have to go blow more cred because honestly, Massacre >>> Vio-Lence
Could very well be. I know nothing of Massacre.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned Asshole

200+ LPs
20 - 30 singles
70 CDs or so from when I was a young'n
12 tapes
Looooots of downloads. hehe I make the effort to buy what I like though. I also see every fuckin band that comes through here that I like.