Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014

Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Thumbs up Red Dead Redemption

Best Rockstar game ever? Y/Y?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:17 AM
We're dying on the inside

More like best GAME ever, Y/Y. God, it's so fucking good.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 05-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Bobb O)))

i played red dead revolver and i fucking loved it, but i need to get my xbox fixed. i haven't been able to buy any new games or play anything since november (red rings)
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
We're dying on the inside

spoilers blah blah

Maybe it's because I don't really play video games but I didn't see the twist that Williamson's gone to Mexico coming. I've done the mission that puts you in Mexico and one mission there, and damn, this game is gonna be pretty long I think. Loving every minute of it though. Got my Mexican poncho outfit and I look like the Man With No Name, fuck yeah.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 AM

MORE SPOILERS

I'm in Mexico right now too. I can't wait until I'm done with the missions for those army guys; the idea of acting as a government mercenary who helps gun down rebels and find women for the colonel to rape is extremely distasteful to me, and I really wish I had a choice whether to do those missions. Right now I'm playing through the game being as honorable as possible. I've only had two bounties so far: one was because I HAD to steal a horse in one mission, and one from accidently killing a civilian during a shootout.

Also, does anyone else get attached to their horses? I felt really bad when one got caught in the crossfire of a shootout, and then again when I had to leave one behind when I crossed the river to Mexico
Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I haven't finished the game yet, but apparently the story of John Marston is one of the most heart-wrenching and gloriously sad stories of recent videogame protagonists.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
MORE SPOILERS

I'm in Mexico right now too. I can't wait until I'm done with the missions for those army guys; the idea of acting as a government mercenary who helps gun down rebels and find women for the colonel to rape is extremely distasteful to me, and I really wish I had a choice whether to do those missions. Right now I'm playing through the game being as honorable as possible. I've only had two bounties so far: one was because I HAD to steal a horse in one mission, and one from accidently killing a civilian during a shootout.

Also, does anyone else get attached to their horses? I felt really bad when one got caught in the crossfire of a shootout, and then again when I had to leave one behind when I crossed the river to Mexico
After crossing into Mexico, I whistled for the horse I had been using in New Austin, and he magically appeared.

This game has been pretty easy so far (I just crossed into Mexico), but it's a lot of fun.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:55 PM

Really? Huh. I guess I just assumed that since they gave you another horse on the other side, that it wasn't possible. The magic teleporting horses are pretty funny. All the way on the other side of the map? Just whistle and he'll be there in like 10 seconds!

The only thing I can't get the hang of in this game is the lassoing. It took me like 15 fucking minutes to rope a wild mustang the first time around. I tried to take a bounty target alive, but I gave up with the lasso after like five tries and just shot him
Old 05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Really? Huh. I guess I just assumed that since they gave you another horse on the other side, that it wasn't possible. The magic teleporting horses are pretty funny. All the way on the other side of the map? Just whistle and he'll be there in like 10 seconds!

The only thing I can't get the hang of in this game is the lassoing. It took me like 15 fucking minutes to rope a wild mustang the first time around. I tried to take a bounty target alive, but I gave up with the lasso after like five tries and just shot him
I jumped off the horse as soon as i was able in Mexico, and whistled, and the one I was using in New Austin showed right up. The magical horses thing is hilarious.

The first time I tried to lasso a bounty, i fucked it up beyond belief, and the guy ended up stealing my horse and dissapearing with it. I've gotten better at it though