It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Ironbound

Lizzy Borden -- Clifton, NJ -- May 21st, 2010

First off, I have to complain about Dingbatz, I can not stand when bands over book with too many opening bands. The show had four openers, and Lizzy did not even hit the stage until about 1:15am which means their set was inevitably cut short, or atleast I assume since a few staples of the set were missing such as Notorious and Red Rum. In any case, the only opener that really caught my attention was Arch Demon Choir. They encouraged us to get off our asses and go upfront to secure our spot for Lizzy, and they were entertaining as hell. The lead singer looked like a cross between Rob Halford and Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies. The vocals were a mix between King Diamond and Rob Halford, with a dash of Bobby Blitz on some of the more spoken word parts.

So here is Lizzy Borden's setlist, it may be a tad out of order, but I know it's close and they indeed played all these songs.

Abnormal
Give 'Em the Ax
Voyeur
Live Forever
Master of Disguise
Tomorrow Never Comes
Under Your Skin
There Will Be Blood Tonight
Me Against the World
American Metal
Psychopath
Rod of Iron
We Got the Power
-----------------
Long Live Rock N' Roll (Dedicated to the man on the silver mountain, Ronnie James Dio)
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Wow, that would never happen here. A band not even coming on stage until 1:15am? No chance. Everyone uses public transport in London to get to shows, and that is long closed down before then. All shows finish at 11pm. 11:15 on rare occasions. Most venues don't even have carparks!

Sometimes we get the too many support acts thing, but they're rattled through with 30-minute sets each, max, and 15-minute changeovers.

What this normally means is if the last support band is the "special guest" who are doing the whole tour, they only get 30 minutes as well. And the headliners get an hour. And given that the rest of the support bands are rarely ever advertised, the fans are essentially paying for a short show.

Checking out Arch Demon Choir...

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Wow, that would never happen here. A band not even coming on stage until 1:15am? No chance. Everyone uses public transport in London to get to shows, and that is long closed down before then. All shows finish at 11pm. 11:15 on rare occasions. Most venues don't even have carparks!

Sometimes we get the too many support acts thing, but they're rattled through with 30-minute sets each, max, and 15-minute changeovers.

What this normally means is if the last support band is the "special guest" who are doing the whole tour, they only get 30 minutes as well. And the headliners get an hour. And given that the rest of the support bands are rarely ever advertised, the fans are essentially paying for a short show.

Checking out Arch Demon Choir...
Here, it varies venue by venue. If you are not familiar with the venues and how they operate, then you will end up getting screwed by either getting there way too early, in the case of a doors at 7pm, first band not until 10pm, or you get there too late, and the band you wanted to see has already played. I like the idea of consistency in England, but wouldn't like seeing a max of only 1hr per headliner, that part not so good. Of course a lot of times here, headliners sets get cut short due to overbooked opening acts, and sometimes we only get an hour. This reminds me of another great Dio memory. The last time he played The Trocadero in Philly, they wanted to pull the plug on him, and he told them he would personally pay the fine, because he wanted to finish his show for his fans, and he did.

As for Arch Demon Choir? Did you find anything on them? I could not find much, and what I found, I thought they were much better live when I saw them.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Yeah, we only have the 1-hour headline sets when they book too many supports. Or if it's a relatively small band who only have one album out so far or something and just don't have much more to play.

Bands of the level of, say, Saxon, play 2 hours every time and are still done by 10:30/11.

Admit it, the UK just rocks

I only found their MySpace with a couple of songs on. Not bad, but muddied by some shitty production.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
carparks
lol
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I know using the real words for things confuses you

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Tags
lizzy borden