Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 AM
In Search of Truth

On the subject of crowd-surfing - I can somewhat understand the allure of doing it at a large show - meaning anything over like 5,000 people. But people who insist on trying to do it in clubs so they can crowdsurf over 15 rows of people are assholes.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
When they come my way, I usually duck and cover, I'm not helping them move along, nor am I touching their sweaty ass.
That's exactly how people get hurt, surfers and non-surfers alike. No, it may not be pleasant, but if the crowd doesn't help them along, someone will get a boot to the head. Plus, isn't everyone already covered in their and everyone else's sweat anyway? Who cares at that point?

Quote:
I have been known to beat on a few of the more obnoxious ones though as they passed overhead, particularly the ones who like to kick.
Kicking surfers are assholes. Fuck 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Two things...one, you may get groped - occupational hazard / nature of the beast, that's all I'm saying...and two, they're only bones - they'll heal.
Considering the (usually accidental) groping I've done, it would serve me right... but broken bones means missing shows, and that sucks.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyck View Post
Considering the (usually accidental) groping I've done, it would serve me right
Nice! At least you're honest.

Quote:
but broken bones means missing shows, and that sucks.
You make a very valid point. :chinscratch:
Old 05-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
That's exactly how people get hurt, surfers and non-surfers alike. No, it may not be pleasant, but if the crowd doesn't help them along, someone will get a boot to the head. Plus, isn't everyone already covered in their and everyone else's sweat anyway? Who cares at that point?
If they don't want to risk getting hurt, then perhaps they should not be surfing to begin with. I'm smaller than all of them, I want no part of it, ever since my hair got stuck in that guys boot, duck and cover has been my preferred method.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:

Kicking surfers are assholes. Fuck 'em.

Considering the (usually accidental) groping I've done, it would serve me right... but broken bones means missing shows, and that sucks.
agreed except the last point, i took my friend to see GWAR for the fist time and he was in a soft cast because he had torn or stretched some tendons or something in his knee. Still didn't stop him, and he still consideres the extra weeks of pain totally worth it
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Solution to teach inconsiderate crowdsurfers a lesson: The Ball Claw.

I never want to go to a show with you

But yes, just like moshers, crowdsurfers can be assholes too. But, being the nice guy I am, I always ask to be lifted instead of climbing on random peoples shoulders, and I try to keep my feet up as much to keep from not kicking people in the head. I know I'm having fun when I do it, but that's no reason to ruin everyone elses fun while doing so. And besides, I'm a skinny fellow, carrying me should be no problem to most of you
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
If they don't want to risk getting hurt, then perhaps they should not be surfing to begin with. I'm smaller than all of them, I want no part of it, ever since my hair got stuck in that guys boot, duck and cover has been my preferred method.
Also, crowd surfing is more for younger people as well. Once you get over 30 like me, you've been to way too many shows and you run out of patience with them
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Ironbound

All this pit talk made me remember the Million Decibel March, Free Show Metallica did in Philadelphia in November 1997! One of the craziest pits ever! I was within the first few rows in the front, being protected by several large bikers until we got seperated and I had to fend for myself! Good Times!

Here is a video from that show to give you an idea what that crowd was like!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iwsOUVeVk
Old 05-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
All this pit talk made me remember the Million Decibel March, Free Show Metallica did in Philadelphia in November 1997! One of the craziest pits ever! I was within the first few rows in the front, being protected by several large bikers until we got seperated and I had to fend for myself! Good Times!

Here is a video from that show to give you an idea what that crowd was like!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iwsOUVeVk
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
agreed except the last point, i took my friend to see GWAR for the fist time and he was in a soft cast because he had torn or stretched some tendons or something in his knee. Still didn't stop him, and he still consideres the extra weeks of pain totally worth it
I went to a couple shows last winter still wearing a plastic-brace/guard around my upper arm because two metal rods were still holding my humerus together. It was a blast, but I still missed the month of shows prior to that.